1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Jen C

Jen C Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Oak Run, CA
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I am amazed how many people are on here from the Redding area. That is great. Some of you may be interested to know (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before) that there will be an open poultry show for adults and youth in Anderson next March. They used to have a show there every year but haven't had one since I believe 2002. It should be lots of fun!

2. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    holding off on names for now, since i don't know genders (except for the cream legbar) -- but here's a polaroid of the two baby basques:

[​IMG]

and another of the blue orpington -- poor kids are going to have to get used to the sound of a polaroid camera!

[​IMG]

3. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so used to digital. How do you get the images on here- scan the polaroid print?

4. UrbanviewFarm

UrbanviewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    State of Jefferson

Would like to know more about the open show in March?

5. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome. I don't think I'd enter anything but I would love to attend to check it out!

6. UrbanviewFarm

UrbanviewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    State of Jefferson

There are a dozen and a half in my refrigerator... Gave away another dozen yesterday and have been holding eggs to set since Tuesday. !!Lockdown starts tomorrow!!

7. Jen C

Jen C Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Oak Run, CA
    The show is scheduled for March 30, 2013. I believe it will be at the Anderson fairgrounds. That is where it used to be. Here is a link to the club's site. They don't have the info up yet for the March show, but I am sure they will as the date gets closer.

norcalpoultryassoc.homestead.com

8. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    Deann has Crele Penedesenca as well just no pens I keep trying to tell her to make some room for them lol

9. lawatt

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    yes, they're scans of the polaroids -- do the same thing with film. the only digital cam i have these days is my iphone...

10. lawatt

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    all of her birds are just beautiful -- i'm so impressed! and delighted to have brought some of her babies home...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by