California - Northern

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I am amazed how many people are on here from the Redding area. That is great. Some of you may be interested to know (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before) that there will be an open poultry show for adults and youth in Anderson next March. They used to have a show there every year but haven't had one since I believe 2002. It should be lots of fun!

Aaaaawwwwww! Off the cuteness scale! What a great selection of breeds. You're going to have an awesome flock. Take and post lots of pics.
big_smile.png
Any names yet? The lavender orps are such a beautiful color. My wish list is getting ridiculously long.

holding off on names for now, since i don't know genders (except for the cream legbar) -- but here's a polaroid of the two baby basques:

and another of the blue orpington -- poor kids are going to have to get used to the sound of a polaroid camera!

holding off on names for now, since i don't know genders (except for the cream legbar) -- but here's a polaroid of the two baby basques:

and another of the blue orpington -- poor kids are going to have to get used to the sound of a polaroid camera!

I am so used to digital. How do you get the images on here- scan the polaroid print?

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!  I am amazed how many people are on here from the Redding area.  That is great.  Some of you may be interested to know (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before) that there will be an open poultry show for adults and youth in Anderson next March.  They used to have a show there every year but haven't had one since I believe 2002.  It should be lots of fun!

Would like to know more about the open show in March?

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I am amazed how many people are on here from the Redding area. That is great. Some of you may be interested to know (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before) that there will be an open poultry show for adults and youth in Anderson next March. They used to have a show there every year but haven't had one since I believe 2002. It should be lots of fun!
That's awesome. I don't think I'd enter anything but I would love to attend to check it out!

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry about some of you losing chickens and pets. :(  This heat is just awful. We usually buy eggs from my husband's uncle. They have like 20 hens? We bought all they had a couple weeks ago and called yesterday and not only did they not have a single egg but also lost a hen to the heat. Age probably has something to do with it too - I think this is their 3rd year? (hatchery layers)- they just stopped laying I guess. So I am going to have to stock up at the store- unless I can make it to the farmers market tomorrow and get some there. 

Anyone live in Redding area selling eggs for eating? I'm in the market to buy. I'm so spoiled- I have such a hard time eating store bought ones. hehe I usually 4-6 dozen at a time but even 2 dozen is super helpful!

3 of my ducks and 4 of my hens are getting ready to hit 20 weeks...patiently waiting...the other ducks are about 17 weeks old. And the first batch of chickens are like 14 weeks? LOL It's so staggered!

There are a dozen and a half in my refrigerator... Gave away another dozen yesterday and have been holding eggs to set since Tuesday. !!Lockdown starts tomorrow!!

Would like to know more about the open show in March?
The show is scheduled for March 30, 2013. I believe it will be at the Anderson fairgrounds. That is where it used to be. Here is a link to the club's site. They don't have the info up yet for the March show, but I am sure they will as the date gets closer.

norcalpoultryassoc.homestead.com

welcome to the new folks -- i'm fairly new myself!

and will be picking up newly-hatched chicks from Novato this morning: one female cream legbar (yay!), two basques (yay yay!), and two lavender orpingtons (extra yays!). can't wait!!
laura
Deann has Crele Penedesenca as well just no pens I keep trying to tell her to make some room for them lol

Back
Top Bottom