California - Northern

yes she's walking fine on it...
Get her into a dog crate or something similar and start soaking and treating with vetericyn like was posted earlier. As long as the infected area stays at the injury she has a good chance of recovering.

Hey all! I live in the Bay area and have been looking high and low for a Serama breeder in Northern California with little luck. We've kept quails for the last few years but we're looking to get a Micro or A class Serama Hen to add to our family. She wouldn't be for show or breeding or even eggs, she'd just be a horrible spoiled rotten pet haha.

Is there anyone that can point me in the direction of a good breeder? Perhaps even a show breeder even with some pet-quality girls they're trying to sell? Any help is appreciated!

Hey all! I live in the Bay area and have been looking high and low for a Serama breeder in Northern California with little luck. We've kept quails for the last few years but we're looking to get a Micro or A class Serama Hen to add to our family. She wouldn't be for show or breeding or even eggs, she'd just be a horrible spoiled rotten pet haha.

Is there anyone that can point me in the direction of a good breeder? Perhaps even a show breeder even with some pet-quality girls they're trying to sell? Any help is appreciated!

@chiqita is on this thread. I know she had at least one pair available. If you click on her username you can send a PM and see what she has to offer.

yep, 2 breeding pairs availible atm. Plus a pair of oegb and silkies galore. They hover between a and b cant gurantee a. You will need at LEAST 2 small chickens, however, they don.t do well on their own At all.

yep, 2 breeding pairs availible atm. Plus a pair of oegb and silkies galore. They hover between a and b cant gurantee a. You will need at LEAST 2 small chickens, however, they don.t do well on their own At all.
Thanks for the quick response! And I had a feeling we'd probably need at least two, so we'll continue on the look out for 2 pullets, as we cannot home a cockerel currently. Unfortunately though we do definitely need them to be somewhere between Micro and A sized, but thank you for letting me know!

Curious Chiqita, do you know of any other breeders local to the area?

Thanks for the quick response! And I had a feeling we'd probably need at least two, so we'll continue on the look out for 2 pullets, as we cannot home a cockerel currently. Unfortunately though we do definitely need them to be somewhere between Micro and A sized, but thank you for letting me know!

Nope, i'm the only one I know, and this is the first time i have had sexable birds this year. I do have some chicks that just hatched, but serema chicks need extra care.

The other thing is unless you gt the ALL the way grown, 2 a sized parents are going to have both a and b kids. They are a wide variety of sizes from the same genes. I try to keep my hens just shy of a so they don't freeze to death or keel over. True A sized seremas are a pain in the butt to keep alive. I have a little micro sizzle serema that is 4.5 months and JUST now able to go outside in the day, and needs to be come in at night still. I don't know that even in California she is ever going to be able to be outside permenantly.

That being said, I have been to a lot of serema shows and have not seen anyone selling micros EVER. so I don't know that you will get adults at those sizes. You could check the wild west serema club, but they are mostly in so cal. You are setting yourself up quite a challenge! But challenges can be fun.

The other thing is unless you gt the ALL the way grown, 2 a sized parents are going to have both a and b kids. They are a wide variety of sizes from the same genes. I try to keep my hens just shy of a so they don't freeze to death or keel over. True A sized seremas are a pain in the butt to keep alive. I have a little micro sizzle serema that is 4.5 months and JUST now able to go outside in the day, and needs to be come in at night still. I don't know that even in California she is ever going to be able to be outside permenantly.

That being said, I have been to a lot of serema shows and have not seen anyone selling micros EVER. so I don't know that you will get adults at those sizes. You could check the wild west serema club, but they are mostly in so cal. You are setting yourself up quite a challenge! But challenges can be fun.

Our girls would be kept indoors, so I'm not worried about the weather outdoors. We've kept poultry indoors so we are familiar with many challenges that come with and the constant upkeep required, but it's definitely proven to be very worth while for us. These girls would basically be spoiled house chickens, as well as therapy animals.

And I was actually just looking at the Wild West Serama club so thank you for that lead!

Back
Top Bottom