California - Northern

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/5261916219.html

Chickens for rehoming
smile.png

One hatched early! She is all fluffy & happy with her 2 mamas. I think she is blue although it's hard to tell at night.

Yeah! It is cute to see tandem mothering! I have had several pairs raise their chicks together. It especially works well for the chicks when one of them is ready to cut the chicks loose after 3-4 weeks.

Yeah! It is cute to see tandem mothering! I have had several pairs raise their chicks together. It especially works well for the chicks when one of them is ready to cut the chicks loose after 3-4 weeks.

The mamas are very calm chickens and they seem to be getting along fine with each other. Hopefully some more chicks will hatch out for them to share.

My 8 year old thought they were cute, he said, "Aw, they are like a gay family with 2 mommies," lol.

There is also a place in manteca (by Stockton border) . They're a little more than the rabbit barn @ $5/chicken. No minimum required. They do ducks too.
The rabbit barn is $4-4.50 depending on packaging. They also do quail for $0.80 each. I don't think there's a minimum ,but you have to make an appt.
I'm happy with how this batch turned out. I gave cereal grains in milk, and there's more flesh this go around.
chiqita found a place in Oakland . I don't think there's a minimum there
Chris, Here is the post that I was thinking about. You could pm chrissyr for the information. I think that it would be a good idea to find somewhere loser to Lodi to have your extra cockerels (& Neal's) processed. It might be weeks or even months before we have another processing day at the farm. We may end up taking some of our extra cockerels to the auction along with a group of barnyard mix pullets & hens.

Chris, Here is the post that I was thinking about. You could pm chrissyr for the information. I think that it would be a good idea to find somewhere loser to Lodi to have your extra cockerels (& Neal's) processed. It might be weeks or even months before we have another processing day at the farm. We may end up taking some of our extra cockerels to the auction along with a group of barnyard mix pullets & hens.
Thanks

Ill look into it.

The mamas are very calm chickens and they seem to be getting along fine with each other. Hopefully some more chicks will hatch out for them to share.

My 8 year old thought they were cute, he said, "Aw, they are like a gay family with 2 mommies," lol.
that.. is too cute for words!

update on chicks, mom is doing a great job, i saw yesterday 4 of the chicks sitting on her back, they are able to get into the coop on there own and i leave the door open for them, they are just getting out of the weird fethering stadge

update on chicks, mom is doing a great job, i saw yesterday 4 of the chicks sitting on her back, they are able to get into the coop on there own and i leave the door open for them, they are just getting out of the weird fethering stadge
That is great news!

Back
Top Bottom