California - Northern

Hello everyone. I need to get rid of these two little cutie pies. They are both mixed breeds, but completely lovable. The rooster just started crowing for the first time about an hour ago. The pullet has not lasted any eggs and I estimate she’s about a month off from starting. Their names are Butterscotch (or Scotchie) and Brownie. Scotchie’s the roo. They jump on me if there is any sign that I am holding treats. They are bantam sized. I am in El Dorado County, California. Please feel free to ask me any questions about them.
Below the pictures are info on their combs/earlobes and other info.
e1715466-013b-4793-b5a0-09f0aaf6a3d6-jpeg.1543450
0d6372a9-96cd-411f-8555-680336a7bf84-jpeg.1543451
84892c83-eb9a-4045-8785-9a0a895ce18a-jpeg.1543452
9dff1cd9-152c-437e-a2bc-40442e0c9d6b-jpeg.1543453

Scotchie:
Earlobes, white and red
Comb, Single
Crested, no

Brownie:
Earlobes, white and red
Comb, Single, with a v-comb protruding from the back of the comb
Crested, partial

Cute! This website might help- http://www.allaboutequine.org/ . I know this says only talks about horses, but the also take in chickens, and other animals!

Thank you, I did get a bunch of heritage birds so they take much longer to lay. I can’t beleive how small their eggs are. My older birds lay much bigger eggs.
It depends on the breed. Some lay very large eggs eventually but they start out small. Dorkings lay medium to large eggs though so it does depend on the breed

Just for kicks.. (I’ve already mentioned it on here but whatever)
Hello everyone! I am looking for two bantam pullets (hopefully different breeds) for show (if they aren’t show quality, oh well) and as mates for my little rooster who only has one. I’m looking for seramas, polish, silkies, and seabrights (preferably silver) but I am also interested in frizzles, duccles, and black austrolorps cuz that’s the breed of my rooster. I am willing to pay up to $20 per bird.
i cannot post in the buy sell trade section caus’ I’m ‘underaged’ but I do have permission from my parents so don’t get mad at me.

Sorry don't want to hijack this thread but someone suggested posting a link on a local thread about a free Rooster we have that we would love to go to a good (none oven) home. He's an Americana, lovely white and tan coloring and only 5 months old. Supply and feed guaranteed a pullet!!! We are in Santa Cruz but I could bring him locally. Thx

Back
Top Bottom