California - Northern

Hey, Sacramento area people!

Come spring, I would like to order sexed silkie day old pullets from MPC, but the smallest order that can be delivered is 9. I only want 3. I don't suppose anyone would be interested in splitting an order? I'd cover the shipping (the expensive part) so all you'd have to pay for is the chicks. Heck, I'll even deliver them to you or meet you part way.

This is all hypothetical at this point, but if like to see if it's be something people would be open to. Can't have roos, or I'd buy from a local breeder. And I'd like day olds. Most area breeders only sell at 3 weeks.

Or is this something that should go in the Swaps forum? I'm new at this, and I don't want to break the rules.

I am getting 50 white and black day old Silkies in March first at my store in Newman. $6.00. Kern

Well being this state is under an alert for Newcastle I am very wary of bringing in a new bird.
My birds are fine and healthy! And very lovable..... oh, won't you adopt 1 or 2?! :p

Seriously though, they are soo cool..... not sure if you've ever had Oriental Gamefowls before but they are a hoot! I will only sell them to folks who won't fight them though, I mean, they are of the fighting breed variety but I don't want them to end up in a fighting pit as I've reared them and grown quite fond of them and would like them to end up at a place that they will be well cared for, which is why I want them to end up in laying chicken keepers's care instead of those folks who gets these breeds to only fight them.

My birds are fine and healthy! And very lovable..... oh, won't you adopt 1 or 2?! :p

Seriously though, they are soo cool..... not sure if you've ever had Oriental Gamefowls before but they are a hoot! I will only sell them to folks who won't fight them though, I mean, they are of the fighting breed variety but I don't want them to end up in a fighting pit as I've reared them and grown quite fond of them and would like them to end up at a place that they will be well cared for, which is why I want them to end up in laying chicken keepers's care instead of those folks who gets these breeds to only fight them.
Newcastle is in southern CA. If you are in Northern or central there would not be a concern.

Well being this state is under an alert for Newcastle I am very wary of bringing in a new bird.

Newcastle is in southern CA. If you are in Northern or central there would not be a concern.

Barring unforeseen circumstances I will be at the show too! And competing with my quail eggs in the only class I am eligible for :D

Re: Newcastle - California is a big state, and northern really isn't at the same risk level as southern is right now. That being said, people travel impressive distances for shows (and the disease is already springing up in far away areas like Utah as well), so everyone planning to attend a meetup anywhere around here should practice heightened bio-security. I'm at least bringing a separate change of clothes and shoes for the show that will not be entering the house before decontamination.

Barring unforeseen circumstances I will be at the show too! And competing with my quail eggs in the only class I am eligible for :D

Re: Newcastle - California is a big state, and northern really isn't at the same risk level as southern is right now. That being said, people travel impressive distances for shows (and the disease is already springing up in far away areas like Utah as well), so everyone planning to attend a meetup anywhere around here should practice heightened bio-security. I'm at least bringing a separate change of clothes and shoes for the show that will not be entering the house before decontamination.
Where is this show? I would like to bring Super Special Shamo to compete (his dad is 3 foot tall). Do they have any Oriental Gamefowl class? :)

Back
Top Bottom