California - Northern

Hey Everyone! Im up in South Lake Tahoe. I have been an "off and on" flock owner over the last 16 years. I logged of byc a few years ago and forgot my login info so here I am a newbie again.

Hello, new member here from Calaveras County. We have 2 laying hens that we traded for bees, just got them yesterday so it's not possible to find someone less experienced with chickens as I am right now!! We have a makeshift covered run for them right now and plan on building a coop over the weekend.

Hello, new member here from Calaveras County. We have 2 laying hens that we traded for bees, just got them yesterday so it's not possible to find someone less experienced with chickens as I am right now!! We have a makeshift covered run for them right now and plan on building a coop over the weekend.
It is nice having you join us!

Did you get coop plans from the coops section of the learning center?

It is nice having you join us!

Did you get coop plans from the coops section of the learning center?

I did get some ideas from the learning center but I don't have any actual plans. I have built quite a few dog houses over the years so I'm hoping I can build the basic structure and make the proper adjustments.

I watched a video from This Old House and I liked the way they built their coop but there was no ventilation and they made 6 roosting boxes for a 16 sq ft coop so mine will have some changes there.

I did get some ideas from the learning center but I don't have any actual plans. I have built quite a few dog houses over the years so I'm hoping I can build the basic structure and make the proper adjustments.

I watched a video from This Old House and I liked the way they built their coop but there was no ventilation and they made 6 roosting boxes for a 16 sq ft coop so mine will have some changes there.
Yes! We need ventilation in California

URGENT
Hi,
We are urgently in need of a temporary foster situation for our four birds. We went to Mexico for a funeral and got stuck with lockdown. We have a hen, two mallards and a dove that live together. The mallards can fly so if possible an enclosed roofed predator safe situation would be best. I have no experience or knowledge about clipping wings they have been apartment birds until now we were looking for a new house with land before the situation came up along the way. We are currently in contact with a few people on Craigslist about buying large dog kennels to put them in, like 8x4 or 5x10 or 10x9.5 and may need minor alterations to be made good for birds such as smaller wire around the bottom or the roof. Please contact ASAP, the friend who has them just had hand surgery and her parent passed away and is too overwhelmed. Thank you and God bless you and your family. We expect to return within the next three months. All food and supplies we can provide or pay for.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pet/d/santa-rosa-temporary-foster-home-needed/7118239708.html

Photos of birds in link.

Yes! I’ve found this thread! I’m in the SF East Bay. I want to get away from the big hatcheries and am looking for a true breeder who raises their own flock, and who breeds to standard, meaning that they cull properly.

I like Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, and would love to find Silver Laced Wyandotte’s. Any suggestions? I will drive 2 hours any direction. Looking for chicks and fertile eggs.

URGENT
Hi,
We are urgently in need of a temporary foster situation for our four birds. We went to Mexico for a funeral and got stuck with lockdown. We have a hen, two mallards and a dove that live together. The mallards can fly so if possible an enclosed roofed predator safe situation would be best. I have no experience or knowledge about clipping wings they have been apartment birds until now we were looking for a new house with land before the situation came up along the way. We are currently in contact with a few people on Craigslist about buying large dog kennels to put them in, like 8x4 or 5x10 or 10x9.5 and may need minor alterations to be made good for birds such as smaller wire around the bottom or the roof. Please contact ASAP, the friend who has them just had hand surgery and her parent passed away and is too overwhelmed. Thank you and God bless you and your family. We expect to return within the next three months. All food and supplies we can provide or pay for.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pet/d/santa-rosa-temporary-foster-home-needed/7118239708.html

Photos of birds in link.
I am so sorry!

I hope you find someone to help. I live to far away

Back
Top Bottom