California - Northern

They are a super lovely, curious bunch and I really hope to find a nice home for them! Let me know if you think you'd have space for them in your flock or would want to start a flock with them! :)

When you posted before, you mentioned their coop would come with them. Is that still the case? If yes, I'd be happy to take them. There's more than enough free ranging space for some extra chickens around here. The only limit is that our coop is about full so it would be harder if they don't come with their own home. I'm in Santa Rosa, btw.

When you posted before, you mentioned their coop would come with them. Is that still the case? If yes, I'd be happy to take them. There's more than enough free ranging space for some extra chickens around here. The only limit is that our coop is about full so it would be harder if they don't come with their own home. I'm in Santa Rosa, btw.
Unfortunately, I have sold their coop in the meantime already :/

I have a question for BYC members in Northern California: I recently got two bantam Cochins on Craigslist and I’m worried that they may have Coryza. I have been quarantining them from my flock and one of them is just the sweetest little hen, so it’s breaking my heart to think that she is going to carry a bacterial disease around for the rest of her life, but I really don’t think I have the heart to cull her. Does anyone out there have a Coryza positive flock or know of anyone who has? I’m hoping to sort of hear more about the potential long-term difficulties (or would consider rehoming the two hens I have to someone who already has a positive flock).
You're in Davis? Call the lab and ask about getting a kit to test her for respiratory diseases.

Hi!
I'm in the Bay Area (specifically west bay) and I was wondering where my fellow west bay people get their supplies and chicks from? Thanks!
When I was living in Los Altos I got my stuff from:
An Jan's
1607005949444.png

Portola Valley Feed
884 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA
650-851-1750

Sam's Downtown Feed & Pet Supply
https://www.samsfeed.com/
759 W. San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA
95126 San Jose
408-287-9090. Hours

You're in Davis? Call the lab and ask about getting a kit to test her for respiratory diseases.

Hmm, I called and asked if they could run a test but they said they’re too busy. Maybe I can contact them again and see if there is a test kit of some kind I can use myself? I have an appointment at another local vet next week who will hopefully be able to run something. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom