California - Northern

Hahahaha! I get it except all my hens like to sing the egg-laying song whenever one gets done laying, which then triggers both my Huskies to howl along with them. I have 1 cockerel but the 7 of 10 hens are way more vocal. Hoping no one complains because I am pretty sure I've got more than they would like :lol:
My button quail rooster, who is the size of a particularly plump lemon, sings the song of his people randomly. He's SO loud, it is nuts. Fortunately, he sounds like a wild bird - chickens are a lot more recognizable and no roosters allow so hopefully I don't get ratted out before I'm able to rehome them. I currently have over the limit in chickens and haven't gotten my license for the quail yet (was waiting to see which ones made it out of the chick stage to give accurate #'s). I don't think anyone is overly bothered, but you never know.

Here in Woodland, the tomato processing plant starts up in August. Silage is poured onto a field a couple of miles from us. This morning I smelled the sanitizer they put onto it once a week. By Friday or Saturday, the sanitizer will fade and the rotten smell from the silage will come this way.

My clueless neighbors think that the rotten smell comes from my 4 hens...which only produce an odor during tomato canning time....Oddly enough too, the smell from my chickens goes for miles!

Hens are legal here so I ignore them.
What dinks, neighbors can be a big pain sometimes :rolleyes:

Here in Woodland, the tomato processing plant starts up in August. Silage is poured onto a field a couple of miles from us. This morning I smelled the sanitizer they put onto it once a week. By Friday or Saturday, the sanitizer will fade and the rotten smell from the silage will come this way.

My clueless neighbors think that the rotten smell comes from my 4 hens...which only produce an odor during tomato canning time....Oddly enough too, the smell from my chickens goes for miles!

Hens are legal here so I ignore them.
I used to work in Woodland, and that smell made me gag! No flock of 4 can make that level of stink! Sorry your neighbors are intellectually challenged.

I used to work in Woodland, and that smell made me gag! No flock of 4 can make that level of stink! Sorry your neighbors are intellectually challenged.
It is sad!

One neighbor thought my thorn less blackberry's were poison oak....

From August to December, I call it stinky Woodland LOL!

Back
Top Bottom