California - Northern

Quote:
Lalo at Farmer's says that quail chicks aren't very smart when it comes to keeping warm and he loses quite a few because they don't know they should get back under the lamp to stay warm. Still, I think it would be fun to try some experiments with a good broody.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I am so happy!

I am getting closer to getting the Arkansas Blue egg layers going again after they were messed up this year.

This pullet

laid and egg two days in a row. The first one was 48G
yesss.gif

Yesterdays egg was even bluer in color.
Oh that is so very exciting!
celebrate.gif

10 BBS English Orpingtons. Last tracking update was 1:30AM saying they were in Sacramento.
His BBS are lovely!

I ended up selling mine from him so I didn't have to build another breeding pen this winter. I want BBS eventually but I only had the one blue cockerel (I was after the blacks for lavender improvement).

Anyway, the boy was huge at 5 months. Had a baby crow coming out of this monster-sized chicken. His mate was a lovely splash. Just lovely. You will have the prettiest chickens!

These photos were taken Monday and he sold in a couple hours.

Oh that is so very exciting!
celebrate.gif

His BBS are lovely!

I ended up selling mine from him so I didn't have to build another breeding pen this winter. I want BBS eventually but I only had the one blue cockerel (I was after the blacks for lavender improvement).

Anyway, the boy was huge at 5 months. Had a baby crow coming out of this monster-sized chicken. His mate was a lovely splash. Just lovely. You will have the prettiest chickens!

I'm super excited. I spent a lot of time deciding on what type/colors to get. Still no call to pick them up. *twiddles thumbs*

I am so happy!

I am getting closer to getting the Arkansas Blue egg layers going again after they were messed up this year.

This pullet

laid and egg two days in a row. The first one was 48G
yesss.gif

Yesterdays egg was even bluer in color.
I'm jealous, only eggs I'm getting now are duck eggs.

-Kathy

What a handsome boy!

-Kathy

I'm jealous, only eggs I'm getting now are duck eggs.

-Kathy
I collected 6 eggs yesterday. I even scrambled two for breakfast.

People are still crying because I cannot get eggs to them though.

I am using Nutrena feather fixer layer pellets. It is working and they eat less of it than the other feed.

Back
Top Bottom