California - Northern

I will have a trio of Silkies for sale soon.

The cock is a Sizzle, a calico splash, and is just about the ugliest bird I have ever seen (as of now, at least, he's molting) but he is so ugly you can't help but pity him and think him cute.
lol.png
But maybe I'm a pushover. Anyways, he is very gentle, not hard on his hens, and placed well at our state and county shows.

The two pullets I am selling with him are a splash (very limited color, mostly white), and a buff. Both also placed quite well at the shows.

Cock (VERY old photo, I need to transfer new photos to my computer.)

(Splash pullet)

(I don't even have old photos of the buff, but I will very soon)

I am hoping they will go to a good home, and someone will enjoy them as much as I have. I really hate to part with them, they probably have the quirkiest personalities out of all my birds, but they don't quite fit my breeding program.

I also will have an Old english game/d'Uccle cross pullet for sale. She's super cute and friendly.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will let you know when they are available.
smile.png

thank you ron...I bought some chicks and a 4 month old chicken and I want to send in one of the chicks that didn't make it through shipping and want to take blood from my new pullet as well as some of my own.

thank you ron...I bought some chicks and a 4 month old chicken and I want to send in one of the chicks that didn't make it through shipping and want to take blood from my new pullet as well as some of my own.
If you send in more than two a day, they charge for them.

It is a great thing to do though.

I lost a chick last night too. It was the second OEGB to hatch & just never seemed to do great. I think it burned up too much energy hatching. It didn't learn to eat the chick starter & all the electrolytes didn't help when it's internalized yolk ran out, I guess.
Survival of the fittest I suppose...

At least the other 12 are doing really well & growing like crazy.
I think one of the silkies may be a frizzle. :)

I lost a chick last night too. It was the second OEGB to hatch & just never seemed to do great. I think it burned up too much energy hatching. It didn't learn to eat the chick starter & all the electrolytes didn't help when it's internalized yolk ran out, I guess.
Survival of the fittest I suppose...

At least the other 12 are doing really well & growing like crazy.
I think one of the silkies may be a frizzle. :)
Sometimes their organs do not start up or are damaged. They then die when toxins build up.

I am sorry you lost one!

Back
Top Bottom