California - Northern

It could be the consistency, I think the roof of the mouth has a cleft that the peanut butter would stick in. Raw peanuts would probably disapear quickly.

Yeah, I think you're right...I've fed them peanuts that were in a mix of stuff for chickens.... Rae

I have some peanuts fresh from Safeway, with A's & Giants' logos..$1 a bag, that are a little too old for humans, definitely too old to be selling! The chickens think they're great, as long as I break them open. I'm distributing them slowly, so no one gets too much.

Good luck to you. Keep us informed on how it's going, ok? Have a great weekend. Climbing back up in the 90's here this weekend. I sure wish we had a Fall season here. I hate these temps. And to think this was why I left New England to live in California; but I was a whole lot younger then and loved the hot temps. Now the old body can't handle it as well. And of course we have tons of outside work to get done this weekend too:)

Lynn, we're hot here today and tomorrow then down into the 60's again.... I lived in CA my whole life, when I was young I loved the heat BUT I'm no longer young! I hate the heat...lol I dearly love our seasons here....
Yes there sure is a big climate difference in Northern CA than here. Our night temps are still in the 80's when it's hot during the day. I'm still running the ac at 73° 24/7.

Last edited:
so last night, 4 of my chicks went up into the coop with mom, we still had to put the other 4 up but they are learning, and today i saw my 1 1/2 week old chicks dust baiting, so it is cool how mom teaches them how to be a chicken and do chicken things, i love this experience so much.
Yay! They are learning. It's so fun to watch them all, at any age, dust bathe. My quail all crowd in their little dust baths so tightly every single day when I change it, and the girls like to lay their eggs in it. I swear I get more eggs this way from the quail:) I've not had any baby chicks yet, but I'm sure watching their antics are fun. Enjoy:)

Back
Top Bottom