California - Northern

The Sacramento ban meeting went so well! I spoke and the first thing I said was "I have never met a rooster that wasn't a chicken. Roosters are chickens and its confusing to the public to say we arent banning chickens, roosters are chickens!!" Credit to my bf for the witty comment he whispered for me to say. It was RIDICULOUS how they kept calling hens chickens. I even checked the county website about chicken keeping and the entire website refers to hens as chickens. I have already written an email to them about this. Our success goes to show how much power we can have if we stand up together! I started a new thread on some tips that helped us to be successful.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1037997/major-success-in-sacramento-tips-for-beating-rooster-bans

The story made national news and was in over 20 papers across the country!! Yay! Thanks to everyone who worked to keep the ban from passing. Thanks Scovy Mama for spreading the word, that was my flyer :) much love Nor Cal we did it!

I have been searching for a copy of one of my favorite childhood books, Gwendolyn the Miracle Hen. It is out of print and the lowest priced copy that I can find is $50 used. This morning, I found this you tube reading of it and thought that I would share it with you.

Happy Hallowe'en...

Back
Top Bottom