California - Northern

I would say the pitas lay a little darker than a cream colored egg on occasion not as brown as say a RIR or other Heritage breeds but the shades vary. They lay decent sized eggs not as large as my delawares or my cream legbars but if it wasnt for the color difference I wouldnt be able to tell between the pitas and the buff orps eggs. Obviously new pullets eggs are smaller but their egg size increases pretty rapidly.

Hi all!
I have a friend that I am being a chicken-enabler for. :)
Anyone around have salmon faverolles?
Preferably pullets/young hens but chicks will do too.
Thank you!

I can get you some chicks in March, when I get all my birds back into their own runs and my incubator is free:)
That would be awesome!
If you have hatching eggs available, i'd be willing to hatch them for her since my 2 incubators are empty right now.
How far from Fairfield are you? I'm 1/2 east of Napa.
Thanks.

so your Pita Pinta lay more cream color eggs? I'm confused as some I've seen on the breed page look medium brown . i thought they where supposed to be tinted like these to maybe a slightly more cream color but am unsure. all I saw on website page for the standard was not white
Hi Jason,

The link should have answered your question.

It looks like you are confusing creamy with color and not texture.

They are cream feeling, not cream colored. They are not supposed to lay white eggs. They lay light brown eggs.

Last edited:
That would be awesome!
If you have hatching eggs available, i'd be willing to hatch them for her since my 2 incubators are empty right now.
How far from Fairfield are you? I'm 1/2 east of Napa.
Thanks.
I think Steve Orique may have some in Escalon/Valley Home area. He is a dual 4H leader for Stanislaus & San Joaquin counties. He runs the sales area at the show you were at last Saturday. Another chicken Lovin' friend of mine got hers from him. He told me years ago that they are his favorite.

I think Steve Orique may have some in Escalon/Valley Home area. He is a dual 4H leader for Stanislaus & San Joaquin counties. He runs the sales area at the show you were at last Saturday. Another chicken Lovin' friend of mine got hers from him. He told me years ago that they are his favorite.
Thanks, Karen!
I see people asking for them from time to time so they must be popular.
I just love my wheaten/blue wheaten Ams & they look so similar.

Hi Jason,

The link should have answered your question.

It looks like you are confusing creamy with color and not texture.

They are cream feeling, not cream colored. They are not supposed to lay white eggs. They lay light brown eggs.
I am just still confused on which brown is correct. I saw a picture on the thread with a darker brown egg and more of a lite color more tan I had thought it was the lighter tan to very light brown. Yes the link says white is incorrect though they really should have a picture

Last edited:
I am just still confused on which brown is correct. I saw a picture on the thread with a darker brown egg and more of a lite color more tan I had thought it was the lighter tan to very light brown. Yes the link says white is incorrect though they really should have a picture
The egg you saw was the first egg laid after molting--Her eggs are usually lighter.

It still falls into the light brown egg range--like all regular brown egg layers. Sometimes the first eggs in the laying cycle can be more pink with light white spots--Creamy looking and very smooth. Definitely not in the Marans 4 and up on the scale brown.

The egg you saw was the first egg laid after molting--Her eggs are usually lighter.

It still falls into the light brown egg range--like all regular brown egg layers. Sometimes the first eggs in the laying cycle can be more pink with light white spots--Creamy looking and very smooth. Definitely not in the Marans 4 and up on the scale brown.
My Pita PInta lay a light brown to a light medium brown egg. Here are some from the last few days:

Back
Top Bottom