California - Northern

good question. I am not sure what breeds for sure any of them are. I got them from TSC a week ago. according to the bins I have 2 Bantams, 2 Americians & 2 Black sex links

but who knows.
how cute looks like lots of fun have to be careful with the bantams and the bigger girls as the size differences will show quickly and may lead to the banties being picked on.

how cute looks like lots of fun have to be careful with the bantams and the bigger girls as the size differences will show quickly and may lead to the banties being picked on.

thank you, any suggestions how to keep this from happening or how to fix it if/when it does occur? I didn't think of that, i just figured growing up together they would learn to love each other. I know naive first timer...
fl.gif

thank you, any suggestions how to keep this from happening or how to fix it if/when it does occur? I didn't think of that, i just figured growing up together they would learn to love each other. I know naive first timer...
fl.gif
It will depend on how big the Bantams are. The EEs will not usually be too big but the Black Stars can be large compared to bantams.

I think you will be fine but watch for bullying. If one of the bigger breeds becomes a bully, remove it to a temporary cage for a day or so. Do this after they do not need heat of course and you should not have trouble until they are older.

Adding the bully back in will move it down the pecking order so it should not be as aggressive.

It will depend on how big the Bantams are. The EEs will not usually be too big but the Black Stars can be large compared to bantams.

I think you will be fine but watch for bullying. If one of the bigger breeds becomes a bully, remove it to a temporary cage for a day or so. Do this after they do not need heat of course and you should not have trouble until they are older.

Adding the bully back in will move it down the pecking order so it should not be as aggressive.

awesome thank you for at the advice i will be sure to watch for it. Lady gray is the smallest one. the other bantam is a lot more in your face with the others. lol

I have fertile eggs and chicks available. I live in Stockton. I am going to have a new hatch on May 5th

They should all be good layers as the mothers are layers and the father is a Orpington. I wanted to offer here before I did Craig's list. I use organic feed on everyone.

Last edited:
I have fertile eggs and chicks available. I live in Stockton. I am going to have a new hatch on May 5th

They should all be good layers as the mothers are layers and the father is a Orpington. I wanted to offer here before I did Craig's list. I use organic feed on everyone.

I will probably get some eggs from you in the Fall if you still have any then. We are going to be away in July but when we get back I would love to hatch again. :)

I don't live in Calif anymore but I have at three different times over a span of about 19 years. Northern Calif to me is by far the prettiest and most friendly. However the desert along the Colorado had its charm too. That was then not sure how it is now.

Back
Top Bottom