California - Northern

I was doing the kennel under the house routine, but lately they 've decided 1:30 is a good time to crow. Before they were crowing at 5:30. I don't know what's changed, but I know my neighbor talks when they crow before 5 thats why i started putting them under the house at night.

We can still hear them under the house but we are up at 5 so its no biggie. 1:30 is a biggie
1f625.png

Oh man. I need one of those. Awesome, I'm jealous. Did you buy or build?
I've got some boys inside and under my house. I keep the lights on them till 11 or so at night then they are in complete darkness afterwards. Keeps them quiet till around 8 am. Just gotta change up their sleep patterns. You might be able to do the same with yours if you have a garage or shed to put them in.

Bought it from my neighbor who custom built it for me. He has up cycled some entertainment cabinets into brooders, I asked if he could do that with a shelf and he said it would be easier to build so he did.

Hi,
I was wondering if I could get advice on my two boys that are becoming louder and my neighbor's opinions are too. I can't process or eat them. The collar doesn't work. I have a baby,2 roosters and a neighbor that keep me and my conscious up all night. I'm sorry I'm rambling, I just need a few good hours of painless sleep and some help on this subject. Thank you.

I live within city restrictions and roosters are a no no, you will sleep better and so will your neighbor, sometimes its not the right time. I personaly am very sensitive to noise, my neighbor's dog barking makes me very anxious, my body shakes every time he barks non-stop. Some people are more sensitive to noise than others. My opinion sadly will be, for your sake and the others, find them another home. (Btw, i bought rawhide bones for the dog and whenever he starts barking I throw a bone at him and he gets busy chewing).

I thought hatching sex-linked chicks would make it easier to give up the cockerels, but no. I sold the pullets but I have totally bonded with one of the little cockerels. He is such a sweetheart! Gonna be so hard to give him up.
hit.gif

Hi,
I was wondering if I could get advice on my two boys that are becoming louder and my neighbor's opinions are too. I can't process or eat them. The collar doesn't work. I have a baby,2 roosters and a neighbor that keep me and my conscious up all night. I'm sorry I'm rambling, I just need a few good hours of painless sleep and some help on this subject. Thank you.

If you're intent on keeping them, search the forum for "rooster boxes".

Last edited:
Hey all! So, I have hand tamed quail & I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sales or trades for hatching eggs. They're really pretty & sweet quail & I figured I would check around Sacramento area. PM me if any interest.
big_smile.png

These are the parents. The youngsters are at the oldest 5 weeks old. I have more in the brooder & more eggs due to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom