California - Northern

There really isn't a line between Northern and Southern Calif because you have to fit Central Calif in between the two. The accepted line between Southern and Central is Point Conception. The line between Northern and Central is around Monterey or thereabouts. You can actually include San Francisco as being in Central Calif because there is a lot of Northern Calif above it. Anywho, we who live here have it divided into three sections instead of two.

Cheers, Fuzzbutt aka John in Lompoc, Ca (right behind Point Conception) We are just barely in Central Calif).
wink.png
Agree. I’m Central Cali, Monterey in fact. But I feel that’s much closer to Northern than Southern! LOL

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am moving out into the country a week from today and am not looking forward to doing it in the temps that are predicted. Misters, damp ground, ice blocks, watermelon, frozen grated Zucchini all can be important for keeping our chickens alive. Kern

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am moving out into the country a week from today and am not looking forward to doing it in the temps that are predicted. Misters, damp ground, ice blocks, watermelon, frozen grated Zucchini all can be important for keeping our chickens alive. Kern
Thanks kern!

I have had hens die at temps of 110F without the mist system

Hey Californians! Anyone know how to support chickens during fire season? The air up here north of Sac is terrible this morning - very smokey, thanks to the nearby Potter Fire, I'm guessing. I'm new to chicken keeping so didn't have to deal with this in past years. Given chickens' sensitive respiratory systems, is there anything I can do to help? Their coop is small - it's an Eglu Cube - and given the heat, it wouldn't work well to try to confine them (which is what I'd do with more of a barn or larger space). Ideas? Advice? TIA!

Back
Top Bottom