California - Northern

I'm out in Anderson, and man the cold has come fast! We had 80's then bam! 30's in one day. It was quite the shocker for my Brahma chicks, they were 8 weeks at the time. They have adapted well and nobody died so i guess they'll be fine.
I bet they are very cute!

If am sad to report that Walt passed away several years ago.
That is sad. I didn't know. I was talking about Walt to another member recently, about how, at a show, he took time to talk to me and had me hold one of his bantam hens... an incredibly beefy little thing. Wish I could remember the name of the breed. Anyway, as busy as he was, he took the time to teach a newbie a few things and I have always remembered his kindness. He led such a full and interesting life. Definitely one of the good guys.

*Found it!! It was a Ko Shamo that I held.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm currently trying to sell my chickens.... I've had them for two... almost three years. I didn't think I'd have to sell them since I love them with all my heart but I'm about to move to a different city and I can't keep them in the new place. I'm currently in Fairfield, CA, USA so if anyone wants to know more about them, please let me know. I'd be really happy if they can go to a good family. They're a bit silly and can be chaotic but they're relatively good hens and are really pretty.

Thanks, guys!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 8
Yay, you found the thread! Good luck!
Hello,

I'm currently trying to sell my chickens.... I've had them for two... almost three years. I didn't think I'd have to sell them since I love them with all my heart but I'm about to move to a different city and I can't keep them in the new place. I'm currently in Fairfield, CA, USA so if anyone wants to know more about them, please let me know. I'd be really happy if they can go to a good family. They're a bit silly and can be chaotic but they're relatively good hens and are really pretty.

Thanks, guys!

Hello lovely people!
I am sad to post this, but I will be leaving the US soon and so need to rehome my chickens. I posted about this before, but unfortunately, the person that ended up wanting to take them in is sadly unable to, so I am a bit time-pressured now to rehome them. (Urgently need to do so before December 10th)

I have these 6 lovely ladies looking for a home, preferably in a free-range arrangement with a caring person. They are 5 months old, I'd expect them to start laying eggs by spring.

all_chickens.jpg

The two brown ones in the back are called Taubsi (or Pidgey, like the pokemon) and Beast. Taubsi can jump on your arm on command. The black-white spotted one is called Bloodwing (after a character in a game I love). She's a bit shy, but very loving once you win her over ;). The light-grey one is called Ghost. She's a bit of an odd chicken, but very smart. She just kind of likes to do her own thing :D The one on the right, front is called Beauty, because, well, she's very pretty and she was best friends with Beast when they were tiny (like Beauty and the Beast?). She's not the brightest chicken and sometimes gets a bit lost, but we've always managed to bring her home again so far :D
And the front and center white chicken is called Fearless. She's the pack leader, always first to the action and definitely not shy :D She's the best with people and likes to come and sit on my lap and cuddle when I am around. She'll also be the first to get in trouble >.>

128848431_3790530964320132_2534413784634931895_n.jpg
They are a super lovely, curious bunch and I really hope to find a nice home for them! Let me know if you think you'd have space for them in your flock or would want to start a flock with them! :)

Hello lovely people!
I am sad to post this, but I will be leaving the US soon and so need to rehome my chickens. I posted about this before, but unfortunately, the person that ended up wanting to take them in is sadly unable to, so I am a bit time-pressured now to rehome them. (Urgently need to do so before December 10th)

I have these 6 lovely ladies looking for a home, preferably in a free-range arrangement with a caring person. They are 5 months old, I'd expect them to start laying eggs by spring.

View attachment 2434686

The two brown ones in the back are called Taubsi (or Pidgey, like the pokemon) and Beast. Taubsi can jump on your arm on command. The black-white spotted one is called Bloodwing (after a character in a game I love). She's a bit shy, but very loving once you win her over ;). The light-grey one is called Ghost. She's a bit of an odd chicken, but very smart. She just kind of likes to do her own thing :D The one on the right, front is called Beauty, because, well, she's very pretty and she was best friends with Beast when they were tiny (like Beauty and the Beast?). She's not the brightest chicken and sometimes gets a bit lost, but we've always managed to bring her home again so far :D
And the front and center white chicken is called Fearless. She's the pack leader, always first to the action and definitely not shy :D She's the best with people and likes to come and sit on my lap and cuddle when I am around. She'll also be the first to get in trouble >.>

View attachment 2434695
They are a super lovely, curious bunch and I really hope to find a nice home for them! Let me know if you think you'd have space for them in your flock or would want to start a flock with them! :)
Where are you located?

I have a question for BYC members in Northern California: I recently got two bantam Cochins on Craigslist and I’m worried that they may have Coryza. I have been quarantining them from my flock and one of them is just the sweetest little hen, so it’s breaking my heart to think that she is going to carry a bacterial disease around for the rest of her life, but I really don’t think I have the heart to cull her. Does anyone out there have a Coryza positive flock or know of anyone who has? I’m hoping to sort of hear more about the potential long-term difficulties (or would consider rehoming the two hens I have to someone who already has a positive flock).

Back
Top Bottom