California - Northern

Welcome! The sun is out, sky is blue and the chickens are oh so happy to be out of their coop! Everything is damp and slightly muddy, but nothing terrible. I’m all for rain, but man I wish it wouldn’t do an entire half a years worth in one day! 😆
Same. I would really love grass year round!

Several of our trees have fell due to the storm which is a bummer :(

Welcome! The sun is out, sky is blue and the chickens are oh so happy to be out of their coop! Everything is damp and slightly muddy, but nothing terrible. I’m all for rain, but man I wish it wouldn’t do an entire half a years worth in one day! 😆
It is nice after it rains! Hopefully there will not be too much cleanup.

We only got a few inches of rain here, but with the wind it was enough to soak everything. My muck boots were all soaked inside. Every inch of my porches were wet. I don't usually need to worry about my porch being entirely wet. However the ducks were enjoying the rain day. They thought it was the best day ever.

Now I just hope more rain is in our future and that this isn't the only rain of the year.

We only got a few inches of rain here, but with the wind it was enough to soak everything. My muck boots were all soaked inside. Every inch of my porches were wet. I don't usually need to worry about my porch being entirely wet. However the ducks were enjoying the rain day. They thought it was the best day ever.

Now I just hope more rain is in our future and that this isn't the only rain of the year.
Yeah, I am all for more rain!! Just maybe in more reasonable time frames and amounts! I'm guessing our soil only kept a small amount of it and the rest went downslope! I bet the ducks had a ball! My chickens are now enjoying the muddy run and sun. So much to inspect! :)

Yeah, I am all for more rain!! Just maybe in more reasonable time frames and amounts! I'm guessing our soil only kept a small amount of it and the rest went downslope! I bet the ducks had a ball! My chickens are now enjoying the muddy run and sun. So much to inspect! :)
Definitely agree! There are already mudslides. Hopefully our higher elevation friends will get a bunch of snow too. And as I sit here I hear thunder. It wasn't predicted for the evening... I don't know how I missed it going from sunny to cloudy.

The rain brings out all the good grub to surface. I am sure your chickens are feasting!

First time my chickens experienced rain (that’s CA for you!) and both my EEs were NOT fans and stayed in the coop all day. My Orpington, and boss hen, ran out with the younger girls as if to round them up or keep an eye on them. Which is funny because we just rounded the corner on integrating and she was so mean to them just a week ago! The wind got them all flustered and I think helped integrate them! Grateful for rain and for peace in the kingdom lol

First time my chickens experienced rain (that’s CA for you!) and both my EEs were NOT fans and stayed in the coop all day. My Orpington, and boss hen, ran out with the younger girls as if to round them up or keep an eye on them. Which is funny because we just rounded the corner on integrating and she was so mean to them just a week ago! The wind got them all flustered and I think helped integrate them! Grateful for rain and for peace in the kingdom lol
The rain helped finalize my integration. My bossy Wyandotte was totally fine hanging with the babies while it poured yesterday! Everyone seemed to understand that they needed to hunker down and wait it out and that meant getting along haha. :) The bummer part is it seems to have ended the three day run I had on eggs laid by one of my silkies! Boo! 😆

Back
Top Bottom