California - Northern

Hello, I have an 11 week old (as of first week in June) Croad Langshan Ameraucana cross from Alchemist Farm. I’ve heard them called Alchemist Giants, currently you cannot directly buy them, they are only available if you get one of their 10 chick surprise/homestead assortments. He is sweet and gentle, and comes running for treats. I imagine he would be a good Easter egger poppa, with the blue egg gene and the purple eggs from the Langshan side. I am in the East Bay. You can see an adult here on Instagram:
IMG_9430 - Copy.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9418.jpeg
    IMG_9418.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9421 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_9421 - Copy.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9448 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_9448 - Copy.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi there, I am looking for a Boarding House for my four chickens while I do some work in and around their coop. Would need to board for three to four days. Anyone near San Francisco that is boarding chickens

Hi there, I am looking for a Boarding House for my four chickens while I do some work in and around their coop. Would need to board for three to four days. Anyone near San Francisco that is boarding chickens
If it’s just four, I would rig something up on your property for a few days. Every time you have your chickens on somebody elses land, they have a chance to pick up some disease - especially if it is someone who “boards” others chickens (never heard of such a thing). Even if it’s in an xpen in your garage it would be a better solution for them.

Hello! I'm from up in Auburn and am looking to rehome this handsome boy. He's a Lavender Orpington who is 8 months old. We got a group of chicks back in September and one turned out being a rooster. He seems to be a bit territorial with the flock and the coop area as he will charge me if I go near either, but he is easily warded off by a stick. My wife and I are expecting our first child any day now and rather not have to be on alert when we are in the yard and would like to be closer with our hens. I will say he treats the ladies nicely, he does a good job of watching of them and shares food with them.

Attachments

• IMG_2951.jpg
    IMG_2951.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello! I'm from up in Auburn and am looking to rehome this handsome boy. He's a Lavender Orpington who is 8 months old. We got a group of chicks back in September and one turned out being a rooster. We tried it out for a bit but my wife and I are expecting our first child any day now and rather not have to constantly be on alert when we are in the yard. He treats the ladies nicely, rounds them up and shares food with them.
If he hasn't shown aggression towards you, your going to be losing out on a fantastic gentle rooster.

If he hasn't shown aggression towards you, your going to be losing out on a fantastic gentle rooster.
Apologies, I should have mentioned it more explicitly. He is aggressive, but not over the top. He likes likes to play the "who is the alpha?" game but mostly leaves us be unless we are near his coop or his flock. I will update my post!

Apologies, I should have mentioned it more explicitly. He is aggressive, but not over the top. He likes likes to play the "who is the alpha?" game but mostly leaves us be unless we are near his coop or his flock. I will update my post!
In my (limited) experience, roosters get worse over time - so if he is already aggressive with you, he will most likely become harder to deal with every year…

Back
Top Bottom