California-Southern

AWW MAN yer coops are TO DIE FOR!! Very nice hemetdennis
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

Quote:

FYI: I was at the Pasadena Humane society today and they have a huge naked neck rooster, 6 Plymouth rocks and a black austrolop (sp?). There ages are unknown. Just in case any one is looking.

Quote:
So sorry to hear that!!!

About the cold weather... check this out https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=591273&p=2

I was worried about cold too, but this eased my mind...

Here in the Desert Valley Area i do not worry so much about the cold months but I am so sad that I need to relocate my flock once again. Since I live in town but within two block of not being in the town of Ridgecrest (which is intolerant of any change) I need to move my flock of twenty chickens until I can relocate to another area. I miss not having all my birds nearby by hope after al the efforts of relocating I will again able to enjoy hearing all my cockerels and hens as they all sound so sweet.

hemet dennis I built my coops 4 ft X 4 ft and then built a separate table to make them at least waist high so that I do not need to bend down to access the coop. Also make the back of the coop a clean out door to facilitate easy removal of poop build up.

While I admire you work, I like my coop to be more easily accessed. As a senior with a tired ( worn out spine ) I'd rather not bend over to clean out poop.

Quote:
So sorry to hear that!!!

About the cold weather... check this out https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=591273&p=2

I was worried about cold too, but this eased my mind...

Here in the Desert Valley Area i do not worry so much about the cold months but I am so sad that I need to relocate my flock once again. Since I live in town but within two block of not being in the town of Ridgecrest (which is intolerant of any change) I need to move my flock of twenty chickens until I can relocate to another area. I miss not having all my birds nearby by hope after al the efforts of relocating I will again able to enjoy hearing all my cockerels and hens as they all sound so sweet.

That sucks! I have become so attached to my girls.
love.gif
I hope you are able to be reunited with your flock soon.
D.gif

Quote:
These are 4 ft x 5 ft and some i make with the legs longer. in the first pic. the one on the left is the front with the small door the one on the right is the back showing the poop door

the lower ones are easier for the kids to clean out the poop. thanks for the admire
smile.png

Quote:

That sucks! I have become so attached to my girls.
love.gif
I hope you are able to be reunited with your flock soon.
D.gif

I appreciate you comments ! i am in the process of selling my house and finding a new place where I can have my hens and roosters close by. ie next to me ie close enough that I can hear if there is a problem. ie close enough that I can enjoy them daily. It would have been ideal to have relocated to that type of location first but life does not always work that way at least not for me.

Back
Top Bottom