California-Southern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Fuzzbutt, Jan 19, 2007.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    [​IMG]

Top egg Wyandotte, middle egg Marans, bottom Easter Egger

1 person likes this.
  2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

Beautiful-beautiful birds aguilera! Do they need girlfriends? I can bring some hatch/kelso gamey pullets to the meet-up? lol

3. aguilera

aguilera Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2012
    La Puente, California
    Thank you! Everyone of my roosters is prety much set with a hen already. I actually need to sell 2 hens and 4 roosters, I have too many.If you know of some one that may be interested in the breeds that I have i'd be more than happy to give them a fair price for them.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    HI PEEPS: here are some of the Barnyard Special pullets that I will be bringing to the meetup. There is a Krazy assortment for sure, I think there is a total of 9 or 10:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. xshoshin

xshoshin Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 6 babies, now 3 weeks old. I REALLY want to put them outside. I have a completely enclosed run with a chicken house. Here in the Irvine area, it's been in the 50s-60s at night and although the hen house is open at the bottom, there is a heat lamp. Can they go out now?

This is the chicken run and house:
    [​IMG]

6. aguilera

aguilera Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2012
    La Puente, California
    My best bet is to put a thermometer or two in different locations inside their house and see what the temperature looks like at night with the heatlamp on, with or with out the babis inside. This way you'll get a good idea of how warm or cold it will be.

7. RyeRanch

RyeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Poway, Ca
    I would say that if you have a heatlamp oput there you are good to go unless we get some sort of freak cold snap where the temperature drops into the low 40's. Especially with 6 of them all together they should be fine. I usually put my chicks out by themseves without a heat lamp at about 4 weeks during this type of weather. I actually have a 2 week old chick that was the result of a stubborn broody that runs around the yard very independantly. I have been amazed by how rubust this little chick it. It will nest up under the mother hen at night, but even at the end of the day remains out and about. I would have never believed it without seeing it.

Very cute coop and run BTW. You are going to love those little guys!

8. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

I agree....I LOVE your set-up. Its very cute! :thumbsup

9. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice setup [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. alexthechicken

alexthechicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2012
    Alright everyone in the ventura county area! i think its time to have a meet up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by