California-Southern

teaspoon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Any duck lovers around Ventura/LA County?
I work at a vet hospital that treats a lot of wildlife. Domestic ducks come in occasionally that had been released into the wild. We have wildlife rehabbilitators that care for wild animals but they often can't take domestic ducks unless they've got someone to take it afterward. Please contact me if you think you might be interested in adopting a duck at some point. My own barn is getting crowded!

teaspoon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Not sure where you're located specifically, but I was at Golden State Hay in Santa Paula a couple weeks ago and they had lots of pullets. Didn't look for to long (I was worried I'd want some) but they generally looked pretty healthy. Looked like mainly red sex-linked and leghorns.

Also, I know there's a hatchery somewhere about an hour south of LA. Don't remember the name, just that they have a lot of nice breeds if you like colorful eggs. Sorry, that's probably not all that helpful.

ThePagleHens

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Sylmar, California
I'm out in the San Fernando Valley, Sylmar to be exact. I see lots of horses in the area, any chicken people nearby? My little hens are still babies and I'm a total newbie to chickens, so I'm sure I will need some help.

hcrossn

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 21, 2013
San Diego
NEVER MIND, FOUND SOMEONE TO SAVE THEM!

CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!!! anyone near Industry,CA ??
Shared from a friend!!
Aarron's Bantam Roost
So I sent Jill Poirier Buckpitt a batch of 9 black silkie chicks Wednesday and they have been missing until this evening - when she received a call - they are in City of Industry, CA - NOT Vermont where they belong! It is 110 degrees there! To my fellow poultry folk - do we have anyone near there who could rescue them so they don't get shipped again in the heat on Monday? Currently one of the postal employees has them and is feeding them fruit - knows nothing about chickens. I rarely have issues with shipping but this is stressing me out! If you can help or know someone who can rescue these birds, please comment here or contact Jill directly! Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom