California-Southern

12 is good for me but there is one in SD just 2 weeks earlier

I know, sigh, for some peeps it is just too far to drive, [ 2 1/2 hrs one way for me] SO we have one alittle closer to LA... ;)

AND what do we do at these meet-up...well, talk SHOP where NO ONE will tell us to: "Can you please talk about something other than chickens?" :lau
We bring birds to swap / sell or just show off.....IF we have other goodies to bring we bring 'em and sell them, you never know what you will find at a meet-up. ALSO meet our BYC peeps in person and put a face to the name..LOL

I know, sigh, for some peeps it is just too far to drive, [ 2 1/2 hrs one way for me] SO we have one alittle closer to LA...
wink.png

AND what do we do at these meet-up...well, talk SHOP where NO ONE will tell us to: "Can you please talk about something other than chickens?"
lau.gif

We bring birds to swap / sell or just show off.....IF we have other goodies to bring we bring 'em and sell them, you never know what you will find at a meet-up. ALSO meet our BYC peeps in person and put a face to the name..LOL

Dont get me wrong. I will be at both!

Hey, I am in Ventura County, and posted in the free rehome section of BYC - I have a variety of Silkie roos that I hatched out in March from Catdance silkies if anyone is interested! I have a partridge, buff and some whites! Check it out and PM me in interested and I can send you pictures!

Hey SoCal! Does anyone know of a 'retirement home' ranch for retired chickens within reasonable distance of Los Angeles County? We have a few older ladies that space in our tiny urban yard will no longer permit to keep around post egg laying years. We absolutely love them and were debating if they should become dinner or not but ultimately couldn't bare to do it. Does anyone know of anyone with lots of space or anywhere that will take in retired hens?

Just asking, not looking for opinions on what the 'right thing to do' with our chickens is. Thanks!
smile.png

Have you tried that place in Santa Clarita [they advertize on Craigslist all the time about taking in unwanted chickens]. Man I wish I had the room to take them.... I really need acerage so I can take in all of them....
What breeds are they and how old?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom