California-Southern

Are you referring to Chickens Galore? If so they have ads on Craig's List.

No, Chickens Galore is on Valley View. I think he sells eggs as well but that's not the same place.

@Grace, you're welcome. The eggs are a little on the small side, but colorful.

Hello Socal,

I was going to make the drive to Norco this weekend to buy a couple birds, but if anyone here has a couple layers they want to sell, it will save me some gas and I would be in your debt. We are a loving home... My kids are 8, 17 and 19 who love chickens (all animals) and we have a 1/4 acre of free roam, plus a 20x6x6 coop... Chicken heaven!

Thank you.

I have some layers for sale, many different breeds to choose from. If you are interested pm me =)
I live in San Diego in Allied Gardens.

Hi, I am coming out to LA the first weekend in Dec to see my daughter for 3 or 4 days. I would love to carry some hatching eggs back with me since I would usually hesitate to ship from CA. What have you got?

I am on the look out for Auracanas, Ameraucanas and Nankings but I will consider any pure breed. Or showgirls. I have a soft spot for them.

Last edited:
Thank you all who e-mailed me. I found a guy in Yorba Linda right after I posted about wanting some hens and committed to a few. I just bought a nice Leghorn mix and a Rhode Island Red from a local here in the OC. He has about 47 more hens to sell, some ugly Naked Necks, Barred, Rhode Island reds and a few leghorns. All are about 1year old and he's asking $15 each.

I'd be glad to give you his # if anyone is looking for laying hens.

Hi, I am coming out to LA the first weekend in Dec to see my daughter for 3 or 4 days. I would love to carry some hatching eggs back with me since I would usually hesitate to ship from CA. What have you got?

I am on the look out for Auracanas, Ameraucanas and Nankings but I will consider any pure breed. Or showgirls. I have a soft spot for them.
Anybody in the LA vicinity have hatching eggs?

Hi all, I am wondering how much other people are paying for the chicken feed. I usually buy a 50 lb. bag of layer feed at a feed store in Midway city(Orange County) and it costs about $19. Is that expensive?

Hi all, I am wondering how much other people are paying for the chicken feed. I usually buy a 50 lb. bag of layer feed at a feed store in Midway city(Orange County) and it costs about $19. Is that expensive?
Hey Polar, I pay $18.99 for 50lb bag of turkey Kracketts for our flock, 13.99 for 50lb bag of scratch, 16 or 17 for a 50 lb bag of layer pellets in Elsinore.

Hey Polar, I pay $18.99 for 50lb bag of turkey Kracketts for our flock, 13.99 for 50lb bag of scratch, 16 or 17 for a 50 lb bag of layer pellets in Elsinore.
You're paying less than I am on everything. I wonder if the turkey feed has higher protein than chicken feed.

Back
Top Bottom