California-Southern

SarahParker

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 30, 2013
Hemet
That is too crazy. I even considered that before I posted but your email had a different last name.  too funny!

Yeah lol Parker is maiden name.. I wanted to come by today to see the chickies but we had to run to Ontario airport. ): I'll text you and try to set up a time! :)
-Sarah :)

Anna6

Songster
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
SoCal
Hi! Newbie here from north San Diego county.

I want to get set up with a variety of chickens and possible some other like geese and ducks and ?

I already picked up some roosters Black Jersey Giants and a White Chinese gander off of Craig's list. I am looking for possibly adding more dual purpose chickens, hopefully some hens this time, like Black Copper Marans, Ameraucana chicks, Bar Plymouth, Buff Orpingtons, Barnevelders, Wellington and?

I am also looking for some silkies for my 8 yr old twins. It looks like many of you have a couple of chickens of many different varieties. I hope to do the same up to about 25 hens and a couple of roosters.

We fortunately still have an incubator we inherited. I am also looking for fertilized eggs from heritage chickens, rare breeds and anything fun and interesting.

Does any one have turkeys, ducks, geese or guinea fowl?

Anyone live close by I could buy chicks or fertilized eggs for hatching for an affordable price? I have the Black Jersey Giant Rooster also if anyone wants to trade for a sweet rooster. I wouldn't mind hens from that breed either.

I am glad to join the board and hope to maybe meet some chicken minded people in my area also.

Phage

Mad Scientist
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hi! Newbie here from north San Diego county.

I want to get set up with a variety of chickens and possible some other like geese and ducks and ?

I already picked up some roosters Black Jersey Giants and a White Chinese gander off of Craig's list. I am looking for possibly adding more dual purpose chickens, hopefully some hens this time, like Black Copper Marans, [COLOR=333333]Ameraucana chicks, Bar Plymouth, Buff Orpingtons, Barnevelders, Wellington and?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I am also looking for some silkies for my 8 yr old twins. It looks like many of you have a couple of chickens of many different varieties. I hope to do the same up to about 25 hens and a couple of roosters.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]We fortunately still have an incubator we inherited. I am also looking for fertilized eggs from heritage chickens, rare breeds and anything fun and interesting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Does any one have turkeys, ducks, geese or guinea fowl?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Anyone live close by I could buy chicks or fertilized eggs for hatching for an affordable price? I have the Black Jersey Giant Rooster also if anyone wants to trade for a sweet rooster. I wouldn't mind hens from that breed either.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I am glad to join the board and hope to maybe meet some  [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]chicken minded [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]people in my area also.[/COLOR]

Welcome Anna6!!!

I am in North county (Solana Beach area) and have lots of chicks - silkies, blue laced red Wyandotte, project Ameraucana and I think still some MArans.
I also have a sweet Wyandotte roo who will need to go soon - free to a good home.

Last edited:

wwmicasa1

Songster
11 Years
Nov 22, 2008
Wingshadows Hacienda
Hi! Newbie here from north San Diego county.

I already picked up some roosters Black Jersey Giants and a White Chinese gander off of Craig's list. I am looking for possibly adding more dual purpose chickens, hopefully some hens this time, like Black Copper Marans, Ameraucana chicks, Bar Plymouth, Buff Orpingtons, Barnevelders, Wellington and?

I am also looking for some silkies for my 8 yr old twins. It looks like many of you have a couple of chickens of many different varieties. I hope to do the same up to about 25 hens and a couple of roosters.

We fortunately still have an incubator we inherited. I am also looking for fertilized eggs from heritage chickens, rare breeds and anything fun and interesting.

Does any one have turkeys, ducks, geese or guinea fowl?

Anyone live close by I could buy chicks or fertilized eggs for hatching for an affordable price? I have the Black Jersey Giant Rooster also if anyone wants to trade for a sweet rooster. I wouldn't mind hens from that breed either.

I am glad to join the board and hope to maybe meet some chicken minded people in my area also.
Welcome Anna~! I have Heritage Cotton Patch Geese who will start laying next month if you are interested in hatching eggs or goslings.

Anna6

Songster
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
SoCal
Welcome Anna6!

I'm in valley center:)

Teresa
Hi Teresa! Thanks for the welcome. do you have any tips as to where to look for more local birds! I was put off a bit when I read some bad reviews on mail order from a hatchery I was considering ordering from.

Top Bottom