California Tan from TSC

Hi there. I purchased a few California Tan pullets from TSC and I do not think they are sex link because I have this ... uhm... situation. All of them look like the second pic except for one.
Thats definitely a "situation" you have there! Ha! Did you see the thead I posted about tbe California Tans? I emailed Hoovers Hatchery to find out what they crossed to get this “breed”

that’s a pretty boy though!!!! My 3 are all so docile and sweet, hopefully they all stay that way!

My girls. All 8 are California Tans. Will be 13 weeks old in 2 days (June 15)

Attachments

• 20210613_182125.jpg
    20210613_182125.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210613_174054.jpg
    20210613_174054.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210613_173308.jpg
    20210613_173308.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20210613_174545.jpg
    20210613_174545.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 21
We “redid” our flock this year and in addition to the few we hatched I bought a few from tsc. One was a“California tan”. I only grabbed one bc I’d never heard of them. I immediately started researching and pretty much found only this thread as a source of info so I’m glad to have it to follow at least. Anyway... my pullet is now four months old and is literally a tan colored chicken. As a chick she was white with one black spot and her head had a little gold coloration to it. She is straight combed. Now with mature feathering she is an off white/ tan & looks kind of dirty white with a red head. Very unusual looking and not exactly pretty but I’ve decided I really like her. She’s quiet but seems feisty and I think she will be the lead hen. She was always sparring with the boys before I got rid of them. Hoping she turns out to be a good layer. I will add a pic once it’s bright enough outside to see her colors.

We “redid” our flock this year and in addition to the few we hatched I bought a few from tsc. One was a“California tan”. I only grabbed one bc I’d never heard of them. I immediately started researching and pretty much found only this thread as a source of info so I’m glad to have it to follow at least. Anyway... my pullet is now four months old and is literally a tan colored chicken. As a chick she was white with one black spot and her head had a little gold coloration to it. She is straight combed. Now with mature feathering she is an off white/ tan & looks kind of dirty white with a red head. Very unusual looking and not exactly pretty but I’ve decided I really like her. She’s quiet but seems feisty and I think she will be the lead hen. She was always sparring with the boys before I got rid of them. Hoping she turns out to be a good layer. I will add a pic once it’s bright enough outside to see her colors.
There is another thread on here about calling the breeder about what they were mixed with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-213048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617-213048_Chrome.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom