CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I hope I didn't mess up by moving them into the box. She's sitting away from it and just looks in once in a while. Hoping for more, but so far 2 white and 2 blacks.

clap.gif
Congrats to you and your bunny!!

OMG I thought Blackie either had her kits and ate them or just wasn't pregnant. I thought about breeding her again yesterday, but instead I moved her into a different cage. Glad I did. I went out and the container I had for her was upside down and there were 2 tiny kits laying in a nest next to it. I ran in to find something else to use and by the time I got back there was another. I started scooping out hair and when I looked over, another. Man they come fast! I don't know if there will be more, but I have 4 little Lionheads!!!!
wee.gif

ya.gif
Woo hoo!!!

hit.gif
I lost one of the black ones. My tarp feel and I went to the store for ice to cool everyone off, but sat for only about 5 minutes before I went out to pass out ice. There was too much sun on them. I'm a rabbit killer
sad.png
If I had gone out as soon as I got back I would have seen the tarp down sooner.

hit.gif
I lost one of the black ones. My tarp feel and I went to the store for ice to cool everyone off, but sat for only about 5 minutes before I went out to pass out ice. There was too much sun on them. I'm a rabbit killer
sad.png
If I had gone out as soon as I got back I would have seen the tarp down sooner.
I'm sorry that that happened
sad.png

Elizabeth

I've never had Wyandottes before, does this one look like a cockerel to you guys? He/she is about 4-5 months old.

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

I am interested in this since I have GLWs in lockdown. Does your slw crow or try to crow? If 5 months old there should be crowing. at 4 months maybe not.

Looks like some rooish feathers in the tail. I don't know about the hackle feathers--they may be there. I looked at some pictures of older SLWs and the Roosters get very pronounced white Hackle feathers. The comb gets much bigger too. If the comb was small and white until recently, does not crow and does not have white saddle feathers coming in then I would say Pullet. I am not too sure about this. My advice is to wait for a crow or an egg.

fl.gif
hoping for a pullet. If I am wrong someone else will let you know.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom