CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Thanks Wolf Tracks Kim for putting the Necropsy information in the first post.

Megan sent more information today:

UC DAVIS FEDEX INFO: Their account # is 364343981. If you use their account number you will get to use UC Davis's discount which is up to 70% off. They said that they will bill you for the shipment after you get the report (or at the same time.) Also, FedEx and UPS both ship to the actual lab every day... the Postal Service doesn't.

Awesome
thumbsup.gif

Ron

I know, but when I say my budget is tight, it means almost non-existant. I don't mind the bulbs, but this one has me upset. Bill bought it for me the weekend he died and I didn't need it till last month. So only a month and it burned out AND broke! Maybe the Eco Glo after I hit the lotto. I'd probably have to play more often though to hit it
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Tell her to drop some of the pullets she finds off to me. LOL I wish I could help, but I'm not sure Cornelious is doing anything. I keep getting clear eggs. Then again, the hens treat him like a bothersome chick, so maybe soon. Hope you find some for her.
Hi Deb,
I get alot of calls asking to find birds for people to. I recently got one wanting Welsummers which I do not have but I was able to contact a show breeder that ships chicks & set the couple up with her. If you are interested let me know & I will dig that info up for you.

I know, but when I say my budget is tight, it means almost non-existant. I don't mind the bulbs, but this one has me upset. Bill bought it for me the weekend he died and I didn't need it till last month. So only a month and it burned out AND broke! Maybe the Eco Glo after I hit the lotto. I'd probably have to play more often though to hit it
big_smile.png
Someone did a cost break down based on Electricity savings--the ecoglow paid for itself in 3 months.

I have not needed to use a carrot on it either.
lau.gif

You may have cheap electricity there though. I am stuck with PG&E. There was a vote here to move to SMUD(Sacramento) but PG&E bribed the voters away from it. They of course raised our rates soon after the election.

Ron

Sorry you are having problems with one of the brooders Kim. My son built one, the big wooden one, for Mother's day for me some years bad & as you know the other one is a recycled school locker. We, through the years, have had different mishaps so try to make everything as secure as possible to avoid trouble. We once had a light drop & almost cause a fire in the shavings & the smoke killed an adorable chick. If you need help I will have AAron come & help you with it. Just let me know.

Deb, I will look back in my emails & try to find the info on the RIR breeder for you.

OK I added the UC Davis info to the link I had added. I hope that helps some who need it.

I don't have PG&E for anything but gas and almost everything I have that uses it is broken. Electric though still kills me. More due to game systems and my laptop. It's been so hot here that I unplg the outsude brooder and then plug it in at night. That will probably not be an issue since it's getting hot. My biggest problem right now is no freezer space and hot rabbits. I need to figure out what to do about that. I saw a small freezer on CL a couple of weeks ago and had no way to get it home. I was going to use it out back just for the animals. Even my ice maker is out on my refrigerator. I swear things are just falling apart all the time.

Karen I love those brooders. My only problem was trying to get that thing out and not being able to see what I was doing. I tried using 2 hands and my wrist didn't bend correctly, so I couldn't get a good grip. I ended up removing the board. DUH! That didn't even hit me until it started getting later in the day and I was worried about the babies on there. But Aaron did an awesome job on them. I have 2 peach bins just sitting in the driveway and I think I WILL use them to build a couple more brooders. NOt sure yet until things slow down a little around here so I can get to the hoop coops. Then I'll know what I need to do out there.

OK I know the site was down for an update this morning. Although the posts are posting they take forever to post. At least they are posting though I guess.

OMG I thought Blackie either had her kits and ate them or just wasn't pregnant. I thought about breeding her again yesterday, but instead I moved her into a different cage. Glad I did. I went out and the container I had for her was upside down and there were 2 tiny kits laying in a nest next to it. I ran in to find something else to use and by the time I got back there was another. I started scooping out hair and when I looked over, another. Man they come fast! I don't know if there will be more, but I have 4 little Lionheads!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom