CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Hi everyone, I just wanted to put this out there. I have 2 WCB Polish and one Self Black Polish (bearded) that I need to rehome. These are large fowl which seems to be more rare I have too many roosters and my poor girls backs are a mess! I'm in Paradise (up the hill from Chico) and I'm going to San Francisco tomorrow for a Dr's appt so if anyone's interested, they're beautiful birds from breeding stock. These aren't very good pictures and one of them has a bald spot because he lets one of the hens peck it. Otherwise, he's have a beautiful full crest. They're very friendly, you can pick them up and they all show signs of good flock leaders.

I am in need of the address and info for sending a bird to Davis for necropsy. Kim, that might be something that could be posted on the first page. I sure wish that we never needed that info but that's not reality. I think that I'm going to lose one of my youngsters and would sure like to know what caused her demise. She is not showing any symptoms except lethargy and not eating/drinking.
sad.png

I am in need of the address and info for sending a bird to Davis for necropsy. Kim, that might be something that could be posted on the first page. I sure wish that we never needed that info but that's not reality. I think that I'm going to lose one of my youngsters and would sure like to know what caused her demise. She is not showing any symptoms except lethargy and not eating/drinking.
sad.png
So sorry to hear about your sick chicken.
hugs.gif

It's too bad you are so far away, the will euthanize them for you.

Don't freeze the carcass. If you ship fedex, don't tell them you are shipping a dead bird.

http://www.cahfs.ucdavis.edu/index.cfm

Bye,

Ron

So sorry to hear about your sick chicken.
hugs.gif

It's too bad you are so far away, the will euthanize them for you.

Don't freeze the carcass. If you ship fedex, don't tell them you are shipping a dead bird.

http://www.cahfs.ucdavis.edu/index.cfm

Bye,

Ron
Thank you for the link, Ron. Is the lab in Turlock? I might consider driving there so they can do the deed and maybe get some answers. It seems like mailing them almost always ends up with delays and unclear results.

OK! Ask and you shall recieve. It's under Links Of Interest on the first post. Matter of fact if there are other suggestions I'm open to adding them. I'd like to have enough info on this thread for everyone and in all areas of the state. One thing I'd like is a section for processors, so if any of you have one that you know of, please post it here so I can add it.

Debi, I'm sorry about your chick. I lost 2 of my Silver Phoenix and the only 2 chicks that made it from some hatched eggs. I'm guarding this little chick that hopefully will be a Silkied AM. Only got one out of 19 eggs.

There are three labs I think. One is in Davis and I think Turlock. I think the third one is in Southern CA.

Check the website for locations and instructions for mailing and dropping off. You can also print out the forms.

I hope it all goes well!

Ron
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Quote:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to put this out there. I have 2 WCB Polish and one Self Black Polish (bearded) that I need to rehome. These are large fowl which seems to be more rare I have too many roosters and my poor girls backs are a mess! I'm in Paradise (up the hill from Chico) and I'm going to San Francisco tomorrow for a Dr's appt so if anyone's interested, they're beautiful birds from breeding stock. These aren't very good pictures and one of them has a bald spot because he lets one of the hens peck it. Otherwise, he's have a beautiful full crest. They're very friendly, you can pick them up and they all show signs of good flock leaders.

Do you have pictures of the Self Black bird? Is it a cockerel too?

It is so weird quoting yourself

http://www.cahfs.ucdavis.edu/services/lab_locations.cfm

Davis, Turlock, Tulare and San Bernadino

Ron
There are three labs I think. One is in Davis and I think Turlock. I think the third one is in Southern CA.

Check the website for locations and instructions for mailing and dropping off. You can also print out the forms.

I hope it all goes well!

Ron
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Quote:

This makes me miss all my Polish so much. If I could get the darn shipped eggs to hatch or find hens I'd take one, but I think I have enough roos for now, other then the 2 I need. I hope someone takes them. Try the Nevada thread too. Sunny is looking for LF, but moving next week. She'd also have to add hens, but she's going to have lots of space.

I also posted this on the No CA thread.

I seem to have become the chicken referral person.

Anyway, I was contacted from a lady in the Sacramento area that is looking for show/breeder quality welsummer. She wants to be able to drive to pick them up. I think she'd be interested in chicks through adults. If you have something available, please send me a PM and I'll put you in contact. I think she'd prefer to not drive more than an hour or so, she told me she talked to someone in Novato and she preferred to not drive that far.

I don't think she is looking to show, but she does not want hatchery birds.

She said she was working on blue wheaton AM, so she'd probably be interested in those as well.

Thanks

Deb

Back
Top Bottom