CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I feel your pain
sad.png
My internet connection does the same thing
he.gif

Did I miss a picture of your buff Brahmas or you haven't posted one yet?
She is cuter than cute (unless of course she turned into a demon child in the last 30 seconds and throttled a chick). My internet connection makes videos stop to rebuffer every 3-4 seconds. After 2.5 minutes in, I couldn't stand it any longer.

Deb

I haven't posted (nor taken) it yet, sorry.

We've been outside moving chickens all day. Cull/new pen/grow-out pen/brooder/incubator...................everyone switch. I've felt like chicken bingo. I don't think I could pick up another chicken today. Unless of course the guy shows up that wanted the serama roosters I was looking to rehome.

I've still got a couple of more pens to move before I call it a night (it is the magic 5:00 hour). I'll try to take the photos of them tomorrow.

The good news is I finally solved the problem of who is snatching my WCB polish bald. They all look like Friar Tuck. I got them moved on Saturday, their crests are already all coming back in. They now look like pin cushions of pin feathers. They looked like that before, but none of them ever got a chance to develop past the pin feather stage.

Deb

That's ok, I am just anxious to see your birds
pop.gif

Sounds like my house! Yesterday I moved the 2 week old BBB/Polish/Ameraucana chicks (actually I have two 1 week old bantam BLRW chicks in the house still) out of the chicken house brooder and into what I call my chick house room under the chicken house (hard to explain~ it used to be my niece's play house on legs so it is now a 2 room upper and 1 room lower house) and the 8 wk old chicks (BBBs, Polish, bantam Cochins) that were in the chick house went into one of the kennel houses/runs. The LF Blue laced red rooster, hens and chicks that were in the kennel went into the lower main chicken yard/house with the 2 bantam Polish roosters and 3 buff x wheaten rooster chicks. But it sounds like you have more chickens than I do so it sounds like it was a MUCH bigger production!! My goal was to get the chicks out of the main chicken house room before the heatwave hits! The heat lamp in the brooder was making it too hot in there for the adult chickens at night.

Who was snacking on your Polish roosters heads? I have been lucky and the other breeds have not picked the crests of my Polish. Are yours large fowl?

Candy

I haven't posted (nor taken) it yet, sorry.

We've been outside moving chickens all day. Cull/new pen/grow-out pen/brooder/incubator...................everyone switch. I've felt like chicken bingo. I don't think I could pick up another chicken today. Unless of course the guy shows up that wanted the serama roosters I was looking to rehome.

I've still got a couple of more pens to move before I call it a night (it is the magic 5:00 hour). I'll try to take the photos of them tomorrow.

The good news is I finally solved the problem of who is snatching my WCB polish bald. They all look like Friar Tuck. I got them moved on Saturday, their crests are already all coming back in. They now look like pin cushions of pin feathers. They looked like that before, but none of them ever got a chance to develop past the pin feather stage.

Deb

Who was snacking on your Polish roosters heads? I have been lucky and the other breeds have not picked the crests of my Polish. Are yours large fowl?

Candy

Quote:

The WCB are LF. I thought they were picking on each other, because I've seen the cockerel picking at other birds. That was the major reason I moved them out.

They had been brooded with my bantam Buffs & bantam BR. Since everyone had been getting along for the most part, I just never separated them since no one had started to lay yet anyway. It was time, since everyone is close to POL.

I pulled out the WCB and moved them into a run with some other WCB that were a couple of months younger. Everyone there is getting along fine.

I think it was the BR. I still need to move out the Buffs, just need to figure out which pen or wait until this weekend. We have some panels to set up four more pens.

Deb

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I had no internet service at the new house. Got it hooked up yesterday but the reception is still very iffy.

I got an email from the guy that I ordered the peachicks from and he is shipping them out tomorrow!!! I am soooo excited!

So Kim, are you heading up here for Hot August Nights?

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I had no internet service at the new house. Got it hooked up yesterday but the reception is still very iffy.

I got an email from the guy that I ordered the peachicks from and he is shipping them out tomorrow!!! I am soooo excited!

welcome-byc.gif
Back!!!

I have wondered so many times what happened to you.

I was in Tahoe over the weekend and saw their Hot August Nights. The cars were phenomenal.

Deb

smilies-3435.png
Back to the Internet!

I was going to jump over to the Nevada thread to see if you were still there.

Good to see you here.

Ron

welcome-byc.gif
Back!!!

I have wondered so many times what happened to you.

I was in Tahoe over the weekend and saw their Hot August Nights. The cars were phenomenal.

Deb
I'm just living in a black hole. It has been an interesting experience. I'm afraid I didn't handle it well. The BYC withdrawals were horrible! lol I kept sneaking off for a drive so I could get a post in once in awhile then sitting on the side of the road trying to answer a few emails etc. Once a CHP (yes CHP, we live right on the border of CA and NV) drove up and after I explained what I was doing there he said he had gotten a call from someone saying they thought I was dead! hahaha! I guess I hadn't moved in quite a while and they thought... well I'm repeating myself now. I thought it was very funny and he replied that he was very glad I wasn't dead. Then he got a serious look on his face and said "it's never good to find someone that's died in their car in this kind of heat" (it was over 100 that day). Now there's a creepy thought when the possible death we were discussing was mine!

I Love Hot August Nights!!! Not sure why it brings out such great vibes but all those antique and classic cars really thrill me. Feels like we are experiencing the best of the past somehow.
And congrats on the peachicks..........
Thanks! Now I need to finish their pen and coop. I thought they were coming the end of this month.
smilies-3435.png
Back to the Internet!

I was going to jump over to the Nevada thread to see if you were still there.

Good to see you here.

Ron
Thanks Ron. :) The folks on the NV thread were seeing me about once a week. They weren't happy with me being MIA for so long at a stretch either.

just saw the news about the refinery fire in Richmond -- hope all folks + chicks in that area are breathing okay!
all my best,
laura
So many fires lately! We can finally breathe again after the horrible fires in Plumas county last week. Fire is one thing that really makes me nervous. Hope everyone of you and yours stay safe!!!

BTW Kim, did they ever catch that arsonist that was running around your area?

Back
Top Bottom