CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Well I have finally made some headway in sorting through this year's grow-outs from my breeding projects and have some birds available.  I will post proper ads when I can, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in black mottled Japanese bantams, bantam calico (project) cochins, or bantam cochins from a crele project let me know and I can send you information on what is available and lots of pictures of the juvies as well as my breeding birds.  Too hot to ship right now, but can meet folks if not too far away - I live in the east bay, SF Bay Area.  I do plan to attend the Swimming With Chickens festival in Turlock on Thursday, so can bring birds with me but would prefer to not bring any more than have been pre-sold.  A few teaser pics are below.  Oh - and I might be able to be convinced to part with some of my young olandsk dwarfs as well!

black mottled Japanese bantam cockerel                                  black mottled Japanese bantam pullet                                  black mottled Japanese baby - when they are born they are yellow with just a few black spots! 

young calico pair - lots of filling out to do!                                    young calicos                                                                    calico fluffy butts!      

young olandsk pair                                                         Proud olandsk Papa                                                                    olandsk hen with newly hatched chicks

I also have some "random bantams" available, including a very nice buff silkie cockerel and some EE bantams.  PM me if you would like more info on these breeds or bird availability!

Wow!!!! Amazing birds! I bet they are hard to part with!

Quote:
They are wonderful!
5ym0g9g.jpg

I have your net and will make sure it gets into the car for Sunday.

Ron

Well I have finally made some headway in sorting through this year's grow-outs from my breeding projects and have some birds available. I will post proper ads when I can, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in black mottled Japanese bantams, bantam calico (project) cochins, or bantam cochins from a crele project let me know and I can send you information on what is available and lots of pictures of the juvies as well as my breeding birds. Too hot to ship right now, but can meet folks if not too far away - I live in the east bay, SF Bay Area. I do plan to attend the Swimming With Chickens festival in Turlock on Thursday, so can bring birds with me but would prefer to not bring any more than have been pre-sold. A few teaser pics are below. Oh - and I might be able to be convinced to part with some of my young olandsk dwarfs as well!

black mottled Japanese bantam cockerel black mottled Japanese bantam pullet black mottled Japanese baby - when they are born they are yellow with just a few black spots!

young calico pair - lots of filling out to do! young calicos calico fluffy butts!

young olandsk pair Proud olandsk Papa olandsk hen with newly hatched chicks

I also have some "random bantams" available, including a very nice buff silkie cockerel and some EE bantams. PM me if you would like more info on these breeds or bird availability!
Keep posting pics! We don't mind. Matter of fact, send me a pm with your price list.

I also have some "random bantams" available, including a very nice buff silkie cockerel and some EE bantams. PM me if you would like more info on these breeds or bird availability!

omg just have to remark on how beautifully gorgeous those bantams are... congratulations on such lovely birds!!
laura

Iwish it wasnt too hot for you to send as my area we are not hot we are in constant rain in MS. I sure would like several of those you have. let me know if you get around to shipping eggs from those cochins parti colored oness, I love those :)

Iwish it wasnt too hot for you to send as my area we are not hot we are in constant rain in MS. I sure would like several of those you have. let me know if you get around to shipping eggs from those cochins parti colored oness, I love those :)

Where are you? I will definitely be able to ship birds again this fall, but who knows, maybe we can find someone who is driving from the bay area to your town and is willing to take some fluffy hitchhikers with them! I will set up the calico pens again in late winter/early spring - should have calico cochin eggs available by about March.

Just remembered that you are in the Mississippi, right? I was thrown for a minute trying to figure out where in California MS was! OK, so hitchhiking probably isn't an option...

Last edited:
omg just have to remark on how beautifully gorgeous those bantams are... congratulations on such lovely birds!!
laura

Aw, thank you so much Laura, and everyone else, for your nice comments! I love working with these breeds. The cochins are sweet as can be, and I am a sucker for their fluffy feet and butts. The calico project has been fascinating for me - my first foray into genetics. The Japanese bantams are so elegant, I love watching them. And the Olandsk Dwarfs are exciting since this is such a new breed in the US. It is a landrace bird, which means that it is a bird that developed through natural selection and adaptation over centuries, with minimal intervention by humans. There is no SOP for the dwarfs, and there are subtle differences in coloration in the birds, most noticeably they can have either yellow or white legs. I plan to continue to breed for vigor and resistance to disease, rather than for any particular aesthetic features.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the adults of the breeds that I am working with:

Dwarf Olandsk

Black mottled Japanese bantam:

Bantam calico cochin (project) - roo

Bantam calico cochin (project) - hen

Back
Top Bottom