CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Kim, you have a source for LF Dun/Chocolate Polish? Who? Who?!
No Jeremy I don't. That's why I need Sarah to start raising them. I've looked for over 2 years. Wish I had been on here more before that so I could have placed mine with a BYC member and was able to get chicks from them. I miss my last flock. I just seemed to have had so much better luck than since I've lived here.

Quote:
I'm working on that right now, LF. I have two, maybe three that hatched yesterday that have potential. Also, a beautiful Self Black and another Self White. I have a 3 month old white, here's a pic of it when it was about 2 months. I thought it was a pullet at birth but it's got some spikes now, even though the crest looks girl.

I'm really excited about the quality I'm getting from my birds. I sold two of the roos, hope I made the right choice in who I kept! They sired some of these new birds.

Still looking for LG polish hatching eggs, I pushed my time table up to about Thursday

I have some. I don't have them separated out for color but I can tell you what I'm getting although this hatch that's going on right now has some new colors that I'm excited to see grow out and I'm
fl.gif
there's a couple chocolate in there.

I bought all my birds from a second generation breeder and I really like what I'm seeing with the offspring. If you go to my www.facebook.com/HighNDryFarm page for my farm you can see some pictures of the parents and I just posted one of my solid white from my last hatch 3 months ago here.

SunnyDawn has hatched some of my eggs. When one of my Polish went broody, which is not that common I was SO pleased. She had 28 eggs under her and when I started candling, I stopped at 14 because they were all developing. I gave 6 of those eggs to a new EE broody. I thought they were earlier developed (the other girls were laying in the nest for about 5 days before I realized the girl had gone broody). However, one hatched 2 days ago, so much for my talent for candling!
lau.gif
I'm considering giving it back to the Polish mom or I have another EE broody in the hay barn that has had nothing but early quiters or rotten eggs. The heat was really tough! So I may give some of the eggs to her! What a zoo around here!

I'll post pictures of the chicks later today. I've been selling hatching eggs locally (Sunny picked her up) and hatching my own to see what kind of quality I get and what colors. Let me know if you're interested, I've never shipped eggs before but I've wanted to try and would love to send you some. Kim said she would guide me on packing.

Kim the only LF Polish I will ever own are what I have now (Tolbunts). I'm not set up for LF. My girls need to be able to handle them for showing and the LF are too big for them to handle. At one point I had some buff laced LF but I sold them. :(

Right and LF polish still aren't that big. Mine were much smaller than say my Doms, who liked to bully my poor Polish girls. Although my Buff Lace roo Bling was a good sized guy. He was the last of my Polish. Actually we bought him right after we moved here, so he was one of the first. Bill and I looked all over for hens for him and never found any. I tried buying Polish from the auction and not one of them made it out of quarentine, so I gave that Idea up. Tried maybe 4 times and always got sick birds.

I love the Tolbents. I'd love to have a few, but I especially miss my balck and blue WC. I had a Toy Poodle that was between 3 1/2 nd 4 pounds, that was abstract. His head was black with a little white. Bill and I would crack up when I gave out treats and Taz would get right in the group. You kind of had to look for 4 lrgs sometimes to find him. Other times you could tell it was him by the top of his head. I miss that little guy. Been trying to find another like him too.

Back
Top Bottom