CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Hello from valley center (north San Diego county)
smile.png

It is great to have you here!

Do you have pictures to post?

Thanks for the welcome
smile.png

I have lots of pics in my gallery, on the thread, here are a few of my babies (need to update my pics!)

You have some very nice looking chickens. Is the Barred one a Dominique? Do you have a show girl or a golden laced Polish in the first picture? So many breeds and sub breeds LOL!

Also, your rooster make me miss mine...Darned animal control taking lunch a the Park by my house....
rant.gif

Thanks Ronott1 :) the barred hens are rocks according to previous owner, I adopted them full grown so I am not certain about half my flock LOL. First pick is golden laced polish. She molted pretty heavily and though she's growing them pretty quickly, her crown is still askew and she's almost rumpless! Love my polish girls, have 3 purebreds and like 6 mixes :) I am such a newbie, but I'm learning all about my girls on byc :)

Lo

You have some very nice looking chickens. Is the Barred one a Dominique? Do you have a show girl or a golden laced Polish in the first picture? So many breeds and sub breeds LOL!

Also, your rooster make me miss mine...Darned animal control taking lunch a the Park by my house....:rant

That is rotten luck Ron I remember reading about that :(

Thanks Ronott1
smile.png
the barred hens are rocks according to previous owner, I adopted them full grown so I am not certain about half my flock LOL. First pick is golden laced polish. She molted pretty heavily and though she's growing them pretty quickly, her crown is still askew and she's almost rumpless! Love my polish girls, have 3 purebreds and like 6 mixes
smile.png
I am such a newbie, but I'm learning all about my girls on byc
smile.png

Lo

I live way out in the sticks, nearest Neighbor is 5 acres away and he's my dad
smile.png
so I have way too many roosters
smile.png
do enjoy their personalities! Bummer on the animal control
hmm.png

I thought they might be Domoniques because of the white legs and the different looking comb. They have rose combs though.

I knew I might get in trouble with the roosters, but I did have a couple that stayed in the garage at night and none of the neighbors complained. I had one from February to August before they had to be removed. I was able to hatch 9 from him and my layer flock. The Roos are 12 weeks old and ready to be processed. My fastest so far for Roos. They are an assortment of SG Dorking crossed with RIR, Barred Rock and Marans. The Dorking x Barred are the biggest.

I grew up on a Prune orchard. The 1/4 mile road we lived on had four neighbors. We also lived one field away from I5, which has something like 1 million traveler on it a day. It was isolation with a lot of people going by in cars...Quite a contrast.

Last edited:
I thought they might be Domoniques because of the white legs and the different looking comb. The have rose combs though.

I knew I might get in trouble with the roosters, but I did have a couple that stayed in the garage at night and none of the neighbors complained. I had one from February to August before they had to be removed. I was able to hatch 9 from him and my layer flock. The Roos are 12 weeks old and ready to be processed. My fastest so far for Roos. They are an assortment of SG Dorking crossed with RIR, Barred Rock and Marans. The Dorking x Barred are the biggest.

I grew up on a Prune orchard. The 1/4 mile road we lived on had four neighbors. We also lived one field away from I5, which has something like 1 million traveler on it a day. It was isolation with a lot of people going by in cars...Quite a contrast.
we should look up roosters least likely to crow.

Back
Top Bottom