CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Hey! Everyone! I just found this thread. Guess I can be added to it since I live in the high desert of California. I actually live in a little(don't blink) town called Inyokern, just off 395 halfway between Bishop and Los Angeles. I have the full view of the Sierras from my front porch and I love to sit in my swing with a cup of coffee and enjoy the view. That is if it's not windy. Yuk! I hate the wind. I have chickens, quail, parakeets and finches as well as a German Shepherd and a cat. I love to read, quilt, crochet and garden. Hope to enjoy visiting with you all.

Hey! Everyone! I just found this thread. Guess I can be added to it since I live in the high desert of California. I actually live in a little(don't blink) town called Inyokern, just off 395 halfway between Bishop and Los Angeles. I have the full view of the Sierras from my front porch and I love to sit in my swing with a cup of coffee and enjoy the view. That is if it's not windy. Yuk! I hate the wind. I have chickens, quail, parakeets and finches as well as a German Shepherd and a cat. I love to read, quilt, crochet and garden. Hope to enjoy visiting with you all.

You have a great place!

Please post pictures!
pop.gif

Welcome to the thread.

I want to get out in your direction to see the bristlecone pines.

395 is one of my favorite roads on earth -- so jealous of your location!!

Thanks for the welcome. Because of the view is the reason we retired here. I'll see what I can find to send you a picture of the view from my front porch.

Oops! I had another to send. It's basically the same view but from the north end of the house where my iris garden is. I can see for miles to the north of me and the mountains are lovely when covered with snow.

Oops! I had another to send. It's basically the same view but from the north end of the house where my iris garden is. I can see for miles to the north of me and the mountains are lovely when covered with snow.

so so lovely! has me itching for a road trip...

Me, too! My husband & I love that drive and often go that way, instead of I-5, when we have to go to SoCal and have the extra time.
The color of that garden is so beautiful, especially with the neutral background of the desert & mountains.

Back
Top Bottom