Californian Meat Rabbit Grow-Out Thread... **Picture Heavy**

Quote:
That's a lot of weight lost. Is that the usual?

Yeah thats around normal. Its usually half of live weight. The 2lbs 12oz is without head, internals, or fur. I cooked it yesterday and it came out good.

I'm still gonna post my weights so I can find them when it comes time to do our fair books.

The 4 week weights of my second litter are
1.01 lbs
.97 lbs
.99 lbs
.98 lbs
.93 lbs
1.01 lbs
.95 lbs
1.05 lbs
.86 lbs

These are smaller than my other litter but I wonder if it's because the doe was feeding almost twice as many. 5 in first litter 9 in this one.

Last edited:
Yeah I can tell a BIG difference when there are fewer in the litter. I wonder how it works out though when they are almost full grown, do they catch up, or will the kits from larger litters always be smaller? ... hmm...

Quote:
We are keeping track of both litters up until 8 weeks for 4-H and then we are keeping the 2 largest from each litter to show this fall. I'll keep weights on them and see if the smaller ones catch up.

Perfect!
thumbsup.gif

I weighed them right after the pictures and the baby (top picture) was 4.65lbs and the momma (bottom pict) was 6.4lbs. Daddy is over 11 lbs but I don't know exactly how big. My kitchen scale only goes to 11 lbs. I'll have to buy a bigger scale.

Back
Top Bottom