Call duck question

veronicasmom

Songster
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
I have a chance to get a female call. I have always heard they are really loud, but how loud? My female runner is noisy, noisy, noisy. She sounds like a crazy maniacal person sometimes. She doesn't "talk" constantly, usually when she sees us and wants to get fed or out to free range.
I have neighbors that are pretty close to us, so I don't want to annoy them too much.
Also, we have a pretty large Pekin, she's the only Pekin we've ever had, so maybe she's not all that big for that breed, but to me she's huge. Can I put a little Call in with the runners (2) and the Pekin safely, or will she be too small?

My calls are running with my Muscoveys, Pekins, Sweedish, and campbells. I have had no problems with them so far. And trust me, my calls look like ants compared to my muscoveys;)

Quote:
Same.
lol.png
We have 'Scovies and Calls and there is a pretty large size difference. But I wouldn't get her if you have any drakes. I'd be too worried about her getting crushed in the mating process.

Are they that loud? YES, YES, YES!!! Noisy little things! It's hard to believe such tiny birds can make such noise. It's not even a regular 'quack' so much, they go by their namesake. It's like a...call.

I have a runner drake, who is very happy to accomodate his girls, alot! So, maybe I should wait till I find a larger breed that might not be bothered by him.
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom