Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Yes, it's what I've used on a few loads of chicken eggs. But I've got a feeling that I'm getting ready to learn that I should be using something else!

Lol... on end autoturners are fine for chicken eggs, but they are Call egg killers, no joke... I was always told it and a year and a half ago, I did several experiments incubating and for sure they are... Call eggs do best on their sides and hand turned, if possible... though there is now a sideways turner for Hovabators now too, the IncuTurner, but I haven't tried it yet... another member tapes their Call eggs on their sides on the upright turner and has fairly good results, I believe...

Also, did you mist or sponge the eggs the last few days before 'lockdown' time? That also makes a big difference as well... :)

Lol... on end autoturners are fine for chicken eggs, but they are Call egg killers, no joke... I was always told it and a year and a half ago, I did several experiments incubating and for sure they are... Call eggs do best on their sides and hand turned, if possible... though there is now a sideways turner for Hovabators now too, the IncuTurner, but I haven't tried it yet... another member tapes their Call eggs on their sides on the upright turner and has fairly good results, I believe...

Also, did you mist or sponge the eggs the last few days before 'lockdown' time? That also makes a big difference as well... :)
Thanks for the info!

since you incubate lots of chickens and ducks (and turkeys lol) do you have a theory on why calls do so much better laying down??

Spent all night in a good hatching position. I went in once at 3am to help remove some sticky then he kicked off his shell at 5:30! Grey?/Black with a little yellow neck.
I do see that his feet are a little curled up, is this normal or should I look into some little splints?

Back
Top Bottom