Call Ducks Finally Hatched

I'm hoping he's just overmarked, otherwise Im not sure what to call him? The people I got the eggs from have both magpies and bibbed, so maybe offspring from them mating??? Will be interesting to see!!!

And yes if it's a female your male can come have a slumber party, LOL
OMG, he's sooo CUTE, that's what my Wanna be Magpie looked like when he got younger, entire belly was yellow, but since he's got his feathers in black ones grew where the yellow is, so his head looks like a magpie but the yellow belly is turning out to be a bibbed..

OMG, he's sooo CUTE, that's what my Wanna be Magpie looked like when he got younger, entire belly was yellow, but since he's got his feathers in black ones grew where the yellow is, so his head looks like a magpie but the yellow belly is turning out to be a bibbed..

Really?? I didn't know color would grow over yellow!! Hope mine doesn't!! LOL

YEH, I couldn't believe it either, I thought WAIT, that is suppose to be WHITE not BLACK but it did, black feathers grew in so I call him my Wanna be Magpie. LOL

Ill send pictures this weekend. I think he's playing an early April's fool joke on me.

Two Hatched out Thursday and the other two slow pokers hatched out Friday. Take a look at my NEW babies...

We Really Like the Three Legged Stuffed Bunny...
love.gif

Yes they do. I still have him, I throw it in the washer machine on easy cyle to clean it. Funny how they don't poop on it. But chickens they could careless. LOL. They love the bunny but will poop on it at anytime. LOL

Your ducks are so cute Lori!!!!

I have an incubator full of eggs now that my ducks laid. I just have to get some babies now. I am following your method exactly. I have white, spotted, snowy and mallard. I can't wait to see what colors the babies get.
fl.gif
I don't think blue is a possibility, but magpie might be possible with the spotted and mallard. I saw some badly marked pies that had just small spots like mine. Something must have been mixed in. Small possibility.

I have an incubator full of eggs now that my ducks laid. I just have to get some babies now. I am following your method exactly. I have white, spotted, snowy and mallard. I can't wait to see what colors the babies get.
fl.gif
I don't think blue is a possibility, but magpie might be possible with the spotted and mallard. I saw some badly marked pies that had just small spots like mine. Something must have been mixed in. Small possibility.

Which method???

In case anyone was wondering, Method 2 the Lazy method works well for Chickens, I should probably state that somewhere on my site... Method one works too but you don't Sponge them...

fl.gif
The lightly marked pieds could be F1 babies where a pied drake is usually bred to a normal grey or blue fawn hen to get the line going for more pieds. Then they usually line breed brother to sister to get more pied markings. And that's how the mutation is developed. May have just been a fluke too. I think the pieds are beautiful. I have a pied drake that I'm hoping to find a hen for this spring :)

The lightly marked pieds could be F1 babies where a pied drake is usually bred to a normal grey or blue fawn hen to get the line going for more pieds.  Then they usually line breed brother to sister to get more pied markings.  And that's how the mutation is developed.  May have just been a fluke too.  I think the pieds are beautiful.  I have a pied drake that I'm hoping to find a hen for this spring :)

Are you looking for a grey hen? My grey hen is SQ, she's my smallest yet. I don't want to let her go, but the people I got her from have 3 more, or did. I can ask if they still have them.

Back
Top Bottom