Call Ducks

Hybridchucks

Queen Of The Coop
8 Years
Jul 13, 2016
Burdsville
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, I was wondering if somebody could tell me if I can keep 2 males and two females call duckies together? Any replies are greatly appreciated!
big_smile.png

You can keep them together but you need to watch out for a few things.
Two females may not be enough to satisfy two males. Watch out for over-mating. The poor girls can get pretty beat up. If that happens you may need to get rid of one of the boys, or get 2 - 4 more females to spread out the work load.
Also watch for the males fighting. (They can be very brutal). One guy may want both girls for himself.

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could tell me if I can keep 2 males and two females call duckies together? Any replies are greatly appreciated!
big_smile.png

I don't think that would work very well, especially if both boys like just one girl. Two of my boys like one girl and she's getting beat-up. She has no feathers on her neck now so now they're pulling on her skin, so I'm getting rid of one of them. So basically I wouldn't do it 1. So she won't get beat up, 2. It causes stress on the girl which can result in bad egg production, and 3. Having to many drakes can result in having infertile eggs.

Ok thanks people! I sort of knew what the answer would be! But the females don't have any feathers missing and they have just been through a big molt!
They are my friends ducks but I need to tell them about it and they are thinking of getting more ducks but what if they end out all male!
I pray that if they get some more, they will all be females! lol
And they have 3 Sebright chickens and one is male and 2 are females! So I don't know what to do...........Thanks for all your help!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom