Call ducks

Antcohan

Songster
Mar 28, 2018
Texas
I might be getting a pair of calls i wanted a pair of butterscotch calls but i emailed the breeder and and hes sold out of butterscotch females but he said he could sell me a blue butterscotch female with a butterscotch male. If i crossed a blue butterscotch female with a butterscotch male what would the babys be

I might be getting a pair of calls i wanted a pair of butterscotch calls but i emailed the breeder and and hes sold out of butterscotch females but he said he could sell me a blue butterscotch female with a butterscotch male. If i crossed a blue butterscotch female with a butterscotch male what would the babys be
I think @Pyxis might be able to answer this question, she's my go to color genetics person. :D

Butterscotch is actually silver light phase mallard, genotypically. So, two copies of the blue dilution gene. Blue butterscotch is light phase mallard with only one copy of the blue dilution gene.

Breeding them together would yield half that are proper butterscotch with both the needed blue dilution genes, and half that only have one blue dilution gene and are 'blue' butterscotch.

If you plan to show or breed for show, note that blue butterscotch is not an accepted color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom