Calling all baby chicks experts. I NEED HELP!

I'll check it out now Avalon. One of the other ones did that the first time they were sick, and after they were dosed it went away. Now it's a different one.

I have read quite a bit that chickens are really succeptable to toxins in the air that can be from living in conditions with not enough airflow. Looks like your babies are sealed up pretty tight. I don't think this is causing all of your problems, but it may be contributing to it?? Hopefully more folks here can help.

I agree. That brooder is awfully closed in for 4 week old chicks. What is the temp running in there at the coolest part of the brooder?

We took the lid off. I'm actually not sure on the temp. Let me put my thermometer in there for a bit and see. It's been getting in the 30s at night still. They are still sleeping under the light not away from it.

Can't find my thermometer anywhere of course. It was probably it wasn't me or I don't know who took it. Looks like I need to go to the store.

Does anyone know if I can put vitamins in with their antibiotics? If my Maran has wry neck I honestly don't want to wait 6 more days until I can giver her vitamins. But I also don't want to give a separate waterer because I want them to be sure to take the meds.

Ok yesterday was the first day of their nutri-drench and today I mixed up the sav-a-chick electrolytes and the probiotic. The ones who haven't changed in how they are acting I gave them a small dose of nutri-drench by mouth. My Maran with the neck problem isn't getting better. She's eating and drinking but no change in her neck. And this is how she sleeps. I put cabinet floor covers down under the food and water but she kept getting stuck, so I moved her into a large tote by herself. I'm honestly don't know what else to do. They were vaccinated for cocci and mareks at the hatchery, and after 2 rounds of antibiotics I'm dumbfounded. I'm hoping the vitamins, electrolytes, and probiotics pull them out of this.

Back
Top Bottom