Calling all genetic geeks!!

CochinBrahmaLover

Girl, I'm FABulous
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Warm.... Under a blanket... In Alaska...

Shes a barred rock (standard) crossed with a partridge cochin bantam rooster. Shes starting to gt in feathers , I'll try to get a pic, but its gold with some black on one edge. She is 3 days old, and has feathered feet.
(bonus pic :D )

What color do you think she'll be?

Shes a barred rock (standard) crossed with a partridge cochin bantam rooster. Shes starting to gt in feathers , I'll try to get a pic, but its gold with some black on one edge. She is 3 days old, and has feathered feet.
(bonus pic :D )

What color do you think she'll be?
that chick shouldnt be.... E/eb birds just dont look like that, E is Extended Black and it come from her mother and eb(brown) from her dad, unless the BR hen was infact a E/eb hen herself, you just cant tell E/eb birds from E/E, as far as her coloring will be, well she will not be barred for sure, as barring is a sex link trait, and her mother cant pass her barring gene to her....

please let us know how she turn out at a later stage

Sorry, but this genetics geek does not think the mother was a barred rock. The mother was wheaten and carried a restrictor. That's my two cents. The chick can have black in the primaries and not be black. Could be a buff columbian.

Tim

I'm not a genetics geek but I also don't think that chick came from a barred rock momma. Someone else's eggs got in the mix. Your're breeding black sex links and I've seen them from a partridge rooster, they're your basic black sex link.

I'm not a genetics geek but I also don't think that chick came from a barred rock momma. Someone else's eggs got in the mix. Your're breeding black sex links and I've seen them from a partridge rooster, they're your basic black sex link.

Wait, so if its a black sex link...

Whats her sex??????????????????????????

OK looking back mom MIGHT'VE (big old might) be a orpington...Our orpingtons weren't laying tho at the time and dont lay that shade of egg :/
Lettme guess, y'all all agree shes a partridge rooster over a orpington?
roll.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom