Calling All Horse Lovers!!

This is Moon, my Arab cross mare.
IMG_5193 (2).jpg

Hello! I haven't seen a horse thread in a while, thanks for making one! :)

I rode and took lessons for about 5-6 years, partly during that time and now I've been working at my barn for probably almost 2 years. I started out helping in the summer camps and now I run them, give lessons, and help train/care for two horses.

Ginger is a Thoroughbred mare who is our newest lesson horse (though we've had her for almost 2 years now); I helped train her to be a lesson horse and she's also the go-to horse I mess around with for fun as well. Frustratingly she's had a foot problem so she's been on and off work for the last few months, but I try my best to keep her in good shape! I love her a lot. She's the bright chestnut in the pics. (wearing the hats 😆)

I also work with our rescue, Phoenix, who is a big sweetheart...kinda hates work LOL but we try to make him do a little to keep in shape and so he can be adopted out soon or be used in camp a bit. He's just an old guy who likes to be loved on and not much more. He tries so hard for me, though, so he's fun to work with. (when he's not trying to kill me for lunging him lol :oops: ) He's the cute little bay in the pics.

Attachments

• 20210720_161208.jpg
    20210720_161208.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210908_173151.jpg
    20210908_173151.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211129_140449.jpg
    20211129_140449.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220401_173551.jpg
    20220401_173551.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 2
Hello! I haven't seen a horse thread in a while, thanks for making one! :)

I rode and took lessons for about 5-6 years, partly during that time and now I've been working at my barn for probably almost 2 years. I started out helping in the summer camps and now I run them, give lessons, and help train/care for two horses.

Ginger is a Thoroughbred mare who is our newest lesson horse (though we've had her for almost 2 years now); I helped train her to be a lesson horse and she's also the go-to horse I mess around with for fun as well. Frustratingly she's had a foot problem so she's been on and off work for the last few months, but I try my best to keep her in good shape! I love her a lot. She's the bright chestnut in the pics. (wearing the hats 😆)

I also work with our rescue, Phoenix, who is a big sweetheart...kinda hates work LOL but we try to make him do a little to keep in shape and so he can be adopted out soon or be used in camp a bit. He's just an old guy who likes to be loved on and not much more. He tries so hard for me, though, so he's fun to work with. (when he's not trying to kill me for lunging him lol :oops: ) He's the cute little bay in the pics.
Thanks for sharing! What sweethearts ❤️

C1E48C8C-AB4D-4C29-A6A6-FD2BB513D056.jpeg
77FA1075-3F52-4823-9502-AD9285FF8B77.jpeg

My mare ally.
Her full name is alpine cat and she used to be a racehorse. I have a half share in her with a lady who moved to England she helped me take my riding to the next level. We nearly lost her to African horse sickness in 2019 but lucky she was alright. She is such a pleasure to ride and I have started jumping on her. Her other owner did show jumping with her. I find it a bit scary as she has a very big jump.

In general I do not ride anymore due to a back injury from a car wreck many years ago. I do not care how smooth the horse is, 15 minutes is a long time and I can hardly move for a few days. We do have 3 horses. Dirt a 5 year old Rocky Mountain, Louis a 19 year old Tennessee Walking horse and Russ a 16 year old Tennessee Walking horse. Dirt is my dad's, Russ is my daughters and they share Louis.
Here is Dirt
DSCN5209.JPG

Louis
DSCN0422.JPG

And Russ, this picture and video was taken Saturday. She started out slow gaiting him getting him ready for the upcoming local show season. Then they snuck off to have some fun.
DSCN7183.JPG

Back
Top Bottom