cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
(I searched for active horse threads and couldn't find any.)

This is a thread for all horse lovers, owners, and riders! 😍
I've loved horses for a while. My sister has been riding for about a year and a half and she's getting pretty good! I finally got to start lessons a couple days ago! 🐎 I've had two, and so far, I'm LOVING IT! 😁 My sister mostly rides a horse named Knight. She used to ride a Paint gelding named Dice but he's retired now :p I've ridden two horses so far: Boston and Shi. :) They are both black with white snips on their noses and look very similar! They are approximately 15.3 hands. :D

Post pictures, stories, and updates please! I'd love to connect with other horse people! :D

This is Shi. I rode her today.
(Obviously blurred myself out ;)
IMG_3820.jpeg

I grew up riding hunter/jumpers. I spent most of my childhood on the road going from show to show.
after I was married and had kids I stopped riding, and missed it terribly. It took me way too long to convince my husband(who is not a horse person) to buy a house with land and get those horses!
I now am a proud owner of (Kit Kat) my daughters Pain in the rump thoroughbred, and a borrowed pasture pal (Gucci) whom is the sweetest angel and unfortunately has navicular. Gucci is the one in my main picture!
A mare I know, Serenity, has navicular as well. She is the sweetest, kindest mare ever. Her only fault is she likes her butt scratched. She won't walk up to you normally, she'll come backwards. It's very rude, but it's not like she'll kick anyone. She just wants to be scratched!
IMG_2720.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG

Oh, this thread is making me want to ride so badly! :hit There are no lesson places around here that are good, which is funny, because this is horse country. I guess everyone already knows how to ride. I volunteer at a horse rescue when I have time, but none of the horses are really rideable. There are some adorable foals, though, and one soon to be born!
A couple pictures of foals:
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG

I grew up riding horses, I use to show western pleasure and halter. Then I started sorting and fell in love with cattle events! My fiance and I lived and worked on a couple ranches in Montana and these are our ranch horses.
The palomino is Mac, and is 8 this year. He's definitely my heart horse and hopefully will be our 2 year old daughters horse.
The bay was my fiances ranch horse but we just sold him.
The sorrel is Rip, he's 6 and my fiance has used him for brandings. I'm hoping to get him started in roping because we plan on doing some team roping events!

Attachments

• 20200216_170950.jpg
    20200216_170950.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200512_130009.jpg
    20200512_130009.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 6
(I searched for active horse threads and couldn't find any.)

This is a thread for all horse lovers, owners, and riders! 😍
I've loved horses for a while. My sister has been riding for about a year and a half and she's getting pretty good! I finally got to start lessons a couple days ago! 🐎 I've had two, and so far, I'm LOVING IT! 😁 My sister mostly rides a horse named Knight. She used to ride a Paint gelding named Dice but he's retired now :p I've ridden two horses so far: Boston and Shi. :) They are both black with white snips on their noses and look very similar! They are approximately 15.3 hands. :D

Post pictures, stories, and updates please! I'd love to connect with other horse people! :D

This is Shi. I rode her today.
(Obviously blurred myself out ;)
View attachment 3064755
horse lover here ♥️

Here’s Mr Handsome aka Jax

Attachments

• E2078ECF-08D0-4B2D-840F-90DA3E10AC87.jpeg
    E2078ECF-08D0-4B2D-840F-90DA3E10AC87.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 688D9E10-5CB2-4A21-AEF3-B9D429A097FC.jpeg
    688D9E10-5CB2-4A21-AEF3-B9D429A097FC.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 6
I went to the horse rescue today! One of the mares had just had her foal, and she was so adorable! She is only a few hours old. Her mom was just rescued, along with another heavily pregnant mare, and they're really underweight.
The baby and her mom:
IMG_2104.JPG

The other mare:
IMG_2108.JPG

We also got to see another foal, about two weeks old. His name is Reno, and he's a handful!
IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG

Back
Top Bottom