Calling all horse owners! Show off your horses! Ends Sept. 25th!

Thank you! Have you ever ridden a cow?
When I was in my youth I was dared to ride a cow so when it came close enough to the fence we were all sitting on, I jumped on thinking it would start to buck. Low and behold she did not buck but she dang sure rolled! Luckily I was young , quick and flexible and managed to get away from her before I became a pancake.
So make sure the cow is trained to be rode first and foremost! 😅

When I was in my youth I was dared to ride a cow so when it came close enough to the fence we were all sitting on, I jumped on thinking it would start to buck. Low and behold she did not buck but she dang sure rolled! Luckily I was young , quick and flexible and managed to get away from her before I became a pancake.
So make sure the cow is trained to be rode first and foremost! 😅
Lol!

Name: Cherokee
Breed: OTTB
I love her, she is such a good horse.
View attachment 2337766View attachment 2337776
This is her trying to do her lazy bow, I am teaching her to bow. She’s supposed to put that leg on the ground :rolleyes: She is my first horse.
View attachment 2337788
Oh My goodness! Sh tis SOO cute! How did you teach her to bow, I wan to teach Misty that! I will hav got post a picture of our mini herd later! W keep our horse down the road at our neibhor/friends house for long term, and she has 4 horses there right now, one is my best friends horse, on his another friends horse, and 2 are hers. plus our 2 there, we have 6 horse on the property! There is cute in there mini herd!

Oh My goodness! Sh tis SOO cute! How did you teach her to bow, I wan to teach Misty that! I will hav got post a picture of our mini herd later! W keep our horse down the road at our neibhor/friends house for long term, and she has 4 horses there right now, one is my best friends horse, on his another friends horse, and 2 are hers. plus our 2 there, we have 6 horse on the property! There is cute in there mini herd!
I had to first put a treat she loved (carrots, anything to do with carrots) down near the ground and whenever she put her head down I rewarded her. Then I put it between her legs and when she kneeled down a little bit I rewarded her. Then I started putting the treat in the middle of her legs and picking her hoof up. If she kneeled down at all I would reward her. When she finally put one leg out and her knee on the ground I rewarded her. That’s what they are supposed to do, something like this (not my pic)
1600373446839.jpeg

I had to first put a treat she loved (carrots, anything to do with carrots) down near the ground and whenever she put her head down I rewarded her. Then I put it between her legs and when she kneeled down a little bit I rewarded her. Then I started putting the treat in the middle of her legs and picking her hoof up. If she kneeled down at all I would reward her. When she finally put one leg out and her knee on the ground I rewarded her. That’s what they are supposed to do, something like this (not my pic)
View attachment 2337848
Thank you! I will try this!

Back
Top Bottom