CALLING ALL ORPINGTON OWNERS!

Btw love the fluff butt lol
I have a buff Orpington named goldy she’s about 2 years old and is weirdly enough the top of the pecking order (well besides the ducks)
I had another buff Orpington a few years ago named lighty (no idea how she ended up with that name) she’s was super sweet but was always getting picked on by the other birds I lost her when she was about 3 because ended up getting stolen :(
(First two picks are of goldy last pick is of lighty)
View attachment 3132061
View attachment 3132062
View attachment 3132060

Well I just replied to the poll with pics but adding my babies here too! 😍 My sweet boy Eevee passed away on Christmas Day and I miss him so. He was my first lavender Orpington and first chick I ever bought. I loved him so! He was so gentle with the ladies, a great protector, and let me hold him. He had the shredded feather gene but I think it just made him more unique ❤️
D6304A5C-C571-4B6D-A147-705E5D4E35F2.jpeg

I have added since getting Eevee, a lavender laced English Orpington and a Mauve Splash that lays pink eggs, and in April I bought another lavender Orpington (although it has very consistent barring so I’m starting to think it may be lavender cuckoo) chick hoping for a girl this time. Still hopeful, but I know the next 2 weeks will say one way or the other!
7570460A-4201-4B84-95B7-8EAEE2A680AB.jpeg

6D621FF8-F921-4C91-8A18-F715521EBBC4.jpeg

CD1E23E1-B470-4DFB-8218-3E48CB58645E.jpeg

One of these days I want to add mottled chocolate, lemon cuckoo, and jubilee! 🥰

Well I just replied to the poll with pics but adding my babies here too! 😍 My sweet boy Eevee passed away on Christmas Day and I miss him so. He was my first lavender Orpington and first chick I ever bought. I loved him so! He was so gentle with the ladies, a great protector, and let me hold him. He had the shredded feather gene but I think it just made him more unique ❤️
View attachment 3132265

I have added since getting Eevee, a lavender laced English Orpington and a Mauve Splash that lays pink eggs, and in April I bought another lavender Orpington (although it has very consistent barring so I’m starting to think it may be lavender cuckoo) chick hoping for a girl this time. Still hopeful, but I know the next 2 weeks will say one way or the other!
View attachment 3132285
View attachment 3132286
View attachment 3132288

Sorry for your loss and beautiful birds

View attachment 3132265

View attachment 3132285
View attachment 3132286
View attachment 3132288

Sorry for your loss. Your chickens are beautiful

I have isabel english orps and red cuckoo orps hatching today. They shipped across the country from Carolina Rare Chicks so send me all your happy thoughts! I had trouble getting the heat up on that bator so maybe they will take a little longer. I really have to invest in a really, really good bator. Any suggestions?

I love all the beautiful pictures of everyone's orpingtons. I think they are the most beautiful chickens ever!

I have isabel english orps and red cuckoo orps hatching today. They shipped across the country from Carolina Rare Chicks so send me all your happy thoughts! I had trouble getting the heat up on that bator so maybe they will take a little longer. I really have to invest in a really, really good bator. Any suggestions?

I love all the beautiful pictures of everyone's orpingtons. I think they are the most beautiful chickens ever!
Congratulations on the chicks have your broader set up I prefer brooding plates instead of heat lamps because they are safer and cheaper in the long run how many birds are you hatchingm

Back
Top Bottom