Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

I know, the eggs have become addictive for me... I started out with Araucanas and then branched into the dark egg layers. The only problem here is in Austalia is that even the Welsummers eggs weren't really dark. I had a really dark Barnevelder strain for a while but now I mainly have Marans (which are quite rare here in Aus and now coming more avaiable though with weak genetics). Penedesencas are one of the new breeds we have never had in Australia that have come in from an organised import from the UK. It is the first time in over 50 years we have had poultry imported other than for commercial purposes. I'm not sure what birds those Aussies were talking about were but unless they were illegally smuggled in and have been kept a great secret or perhaps they tried to create them from scratch. I am sooooo glad to hear they are hardy... but I believe we will only have the Crele and Partridge varieties. All the imports are still in quarantine for another 4 weeks. Until they have passed all their pathology tests we don't know exactly what is being released. It is very exciting though!
that is great. you will find them to be perfect for your heat out down there. That is great

I have just been browsing the web, I came across this breed thinking I would like to get either some eggs. I don't see many that sell the eggs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am starting my last set of incubation this week until the spring time. Thanks in advance

if anyone would like to contribute to the penedesenca site please message me your info.
Guy has a nice chart going.
what we need is varieties you keep , do you sell eggs or chicks
name and contact info. at least email address if you do not want your number posted.
Pictures that we can use on the site

if anyone would like to contribute to the penedesenca site please message me your info.
Guy has a nice chart going.
what we need is varieties you keep , do you sell eggs or chicks
name and contact info. at least email address if you do not want your number posted.
Pictures that we can use on the site
Thank you and your wife for taking the website on for us!

My Partridge Pene, Clalamity Jane did not make it. The wound below her vent broke open last week.

At least she made it for several more months.

I went to the Ranch in Guinda and visited with my Roosters!

These are Crele Penedesencas along with Whiting Blues(Blue Egg Layers from the UofA

I traded some crele penedesenca eggs. These are as dark as I have seen in awhile and by far the darkest crele eggs I have seen.
I have seen few this dark.
12 eggs where the same color or lighter than mine. however 4 eggs are very dark. 1 of the 4 will put most Bcm eggs to shame

Back
Top Bottom