Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
My interest right now is the Blacks, and I barely have enough time for that.
roll.png

I agree, the Catalan name makes perfect sense.

True there are much more wheatons and partridge than anything else. So they will probably get more recognition. Some of my Judge friends have barley seen wheatons and partridges, let alone Blacks and creoles.
So A club Would be Much help to the breeds and their varieties.

As for myself, I don't plan on breeding too many fowl, It just means more culling for me.
lol.png

I will show what I have. I will probably keep about 8-10 Black penedesencas . I don't think I will need more than That
D.gif

I Dought I will ever keep any more than 8-10 breeders if anything. My Penedesencas Are Eating Like Pigs!
lol.png

And It makes it easier so that I can focus more on breeding the best.
wink.png

I have pretty much called it quits for my Blacks, We are just eating the eggs now or feeding them back to chickens. I am focusing on raising chicks & culling. It's hard work
lol.png
I just culled 10-12 already.
I will probably hatch about a doz more for the year.

I know there are more devoted breeders out there than myself who have plenty of time, So for the time being, I' m trying to supply future breeders, and get others interested in the breed Down here in my area.
From what I have heard they are catching on quick in the State of Georgia and surrounding areas.
celebrate.gif

In Texas Alot of people are still stuck on getting the Marans and dont care for Penes.
rant.gif

Please Keep Me posted on the Formation of a Club & Its Progress.
Thanks,

You may want to keep your foot in the door with the Partridges you have too and not get rid of all of them, how long have you been breeding them? You could be one of the ones needed to be counted for breeding the Partridges.

Like I said, a list of Breeders, has to be formed, showing what color and when they started with those birds. It would be a wise idea to place birds with others to get the other feather colors out there and in numbers for the years ahead when they will need to be counted. I hope I'm making sense with what I'm saying, its going to take cooperation and sharing to get this accomplished and the first thing is the Breeders list to know what there is and how long those feather colors have been bred already.

In order for it to work there has to be a Plan in place.

Victoria

i could make a simple website with yahoo... i am not an expert and am still learning how to do it all... but i could do it... and then start compiling a breeders list... any volunteers for anything???

P.S. here is a link to my site... i am far from done with it and have alot of changes and adding to do yet... but it will show those that are intrested my skills
gig.gif
i could make something similiar for the club???

www.heritagehabitatfarms.com

I have already sold my Partridge hens to another NW Arkansas breeder who is also very devoted to preserving and continuing to improve the breed. My near POL pullets and a cockerel are going to another devoted Penedesenca breeder. I do have several cockerels available (3-5 months old). All of my older chicks are sold, but I just listed some younger W and P chicks on eggbid today. I miss my Partridge girls, but I feel like I can be a better steward of the breed by focusing on one variety only and doing my best with and for it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom