Calling All Rabbit Nutters

The baby buns have been moved inside. (Not for a reason I wanted them to be moved inside. As I posted on another thread, their mom passed away last night unexpectedly, completely devastating 😢). I’m hoping this set up will work until I can make sure they are ok from having to be weaned so early (they are 4 weeks old). We will try to bottle feed them later tonight. Any tips for early weaning, please share. They are eating pellets and hay at least!

View attachment 3132619View attachment 3132620
They should be fine being weaned at this age. I wouldn't worry one minute about that.

The baby buns have been moved inside. (Not for a reason I wanted them to be moved inside. As I posted on another thread, their mom passed away last night unexpectedly, completely devastating 😢). I’m hoping this set up will work until I can make sure they are ok from having to be weaned so early (they are 4 weeks old). We will try to bottle feed them later tonight. Any tips for early weaning, please share. They are eating pellets and hay at least!

They have open eyes so all I would do is give them a bit of acidophilus if you have it on hand, it'll just help their tummies out, mama would've already introduced their gut bacteria by now but acidophilus will keep them growing and help them digest food.
Bottle feeding is dangerous because of aspiration. I'd just weigh them for now, and if they lose a tiny bit then give them some goats milk if you have access to it. But for now they should be good with pellets and water

PXL_20220601_215911619.jpg

They have open eyes so all I would do is give them a bit of acidophilus if you have it on hand, it'll just help their tummies out, mama would've already introduced their gut bacteria by now but acidophilus will keep them growing and help them digest food.
Bottle feeding is dangerous because of aspiration. I'd just weigh them for now, and if they lose a tiny bit then give them some goats milk if you have access to it. But for now they should be good with pellets and water
Thanks for the advice! I had already attempted a bottle feed and they just chewed up the nipple. So, we will skip that.

Yea, so I don’t know if that’s even possible at this age but I put one in there for them.
Yes it is 100% possible at this age but what I wanted to tell you was if you were trying to litter box train them I suggest getting that bowl of pellets out of their cage and only offering any type of food inside the litter box.
Would also make sure that you picked that hay up off of the litter and put it in something raised up a little bit.

I get a bigger litter box too or at least get another one of the exact ones you have and put it right next to it.

And then I would move that hay basket so it was sitting in between both of the litter boxes up a tiny bit higher too.
And put a smaller bowl of pellets in the litter box.

Back
Top Bottom