Calling All Rabbit Nutters

I’m not an expert, but I used to breed Netherland dwarfs. It’s always a nice surprise when you see a little baby bunnies!

What got me into breeding was I picked up a female Netherland dwarf at the pet store. When I brought her home, I got her into the hutch, all situated. A week later, I discovered baby bunnies. We called the pet store, and they said, “You too?”

Apparently, there was a buck loose in the doe pen.

After that, I decided to continue breeding. That rabbit lived 10 years, a long life with lots of kids.

Makes me wonder if I should get back into breeding rabbits…..

Anyway, I’m not sure which one you should fix myself. I’m sure someone else will chime in.

Jared
That’s so interesting! It definitely is a huge surprise when you get an unexpected litter of bunnies! I was thrilled. I used to have Netherlands dwarfs also! They are such adorable bunnies. Do you have any pictures of yours?

Aww, i wished you were local to! And thank you, they are super cute!

For sure! 😂 we have already talked to vets about spaying. We have seperated the buck, but they are together a few hours after she kindled so it is quite possible she is pregnant again 😅 they do breed so fast! Would you recommend fixing my buck, or doe?
Both.

Peter Rabbit Aww GIF by Sky

Back
Top Bottom